This is for White Knight/Family Hack

CMF_Family Hack

» CMF Member
Gee thanks micragirl.I reckon its a spot on review.After trying them both one thing the stood out for me was the better finish/ features and just how well the Swift handled. Mine now has some 1400kl on the clock and more I drive it the better it gets.Hopefully by XMAS will have the extractors on plus sports muffler. Cold air intake will be available mid / end December from SS Inductions in Qld.So over 100kw will be achievable at the wheels by just adding after market goodies.
I know there is also an after market chip due out within next 2/3 months.
Hope you are as happy with yours as I am with mine.Only issue is the distance between oil changes. 15,000 kl far too long. I will change mine every 5,000 kl plus the oil filter.Please change your oil at least every 10,000 kl max. No oil that good and stop start driving does not help.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Actually the modern synthetics available on the market are more than capable of lasting 15,000km (up to 40,000km in perfect conditions, but still not much longer than a year) in a healthy motor without chemical breakdown regardless of the conditions experienced (providing you change the filter every 5000km).

NEO and Royal Purple are two brands which come to mind which have extensive motorsport heritage and backing and offer extended change intervals. But you do pay a premium for them and rarely is it actually cheaper to go with the longer life oils.

new minis actually tell you when they need to be serviced using a calculated formula of your driving patterns/style and also extra sensors within the engine. Its not uncommon for base model cooper drivers to see service intervals of 25,000km.

Sorry for the thread hijack :p

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
Yep Dave, was only thinking today that the sport gets better and better every time I drive it. I love it's quick response. Will take note and change the oil a lot more frequently than 15000klms like you said. Miccy is enjoying a well earned rest, but still use her for those special trips when I can't fit stuff into the sport. Have only ever seen one other sport on the road, and that was last Friday night at the video shop, are they rare over there too?

Back