Thinking of doing clutch change myself

Hi all

I was wondering if any of you could give me any advice for changing a clutch myself?

I'm going to do it mainly because the garage my partner took it to a couple of years back didn't do it properly (only changed the friction plate). And one of the headlights didn't work.

I'm fairly competent with the spanners and car/motorcycle repair and maintenance. I've kept the Micra, MX5 and GSX750F running well for the last 7 years. But, i've never changed a clutch.

I'm going to get an alignment tool. I don't think i need anything else as i already have the large hub socket etc.
The clutch pedal is quite rough in operation at the moment but i attributed this to the garage only changing the friction plate. I think it might be worth getting a new cable? The clutch is almost slipping and judders quite a bit.

Is it best to jack the car up or put in on ramps? I have 2 axle stands and a trolley jack. I'll also be doing this outside on the drive.

Many thanks :)

i gave some advice on a few clutch threads recently if you try a search :)
i usually leave the wheels on, and shafts in, and lower the g/box to the ground

jack up passenger side, remove passenger drive shaft, undo box lower the box do it that way.. i did took 2 hours,, but a bucket under it for the fluid lol

Back