Clutch?

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
hello all,

i've started noticing my car is doing weird things... the clutch seens to be engaging alot later than normal. but it has happened over night so i'm not sure if the clutch is going or the cable has slipped.

it needs more revvs for hill starts and sometimes judders during gear changes. it's fine when driving along. also engine braking seems less than normal.

and 90 mph onwards the car starts to vibrate in waves about a second apart. the whole steering colum vibrates and you can feel the car lag...

BTW it's happily done 120 with no problems so i'm not sure what it's up too.

any ideas? i'm thinking the clutch is on its way out but i've talked to some people who say when the clutch goes it goes really quickly. could it be that the cable is slightly loose and it just needs tightening?

thanks ppl

Tighten up the clutch cable see if it works..
As for the steering wheel vibrating, im not sure, maybe get ur wheels aligned?

runaway-robot said:
Tighten up the clutch cable see if it works..
As for the steering wheel vibrating, im not sure, maybe get ur wheels aligned?

thnaks mate,

i'll tighten the clutch cable this weekend. think i'll get the tracking checked too :)

runaway-robot said:
no prob... tell us how it goes

will do mate ;)

or you'll probably hear about how i had to get a tow home from a nova lol

runaway-robot said:
lol :sick: a nova lol

how much u pay for ur screen in ur car? lol
the one in the wheel?

it was about £25 for a PS1 screen that i took apart then £5 for an old air bag then alot of hard work :)

rubber is the most unplesent thing to work with...

NeX said:
rubber is the most unplesent thing to work with...
Oh dear, that calls for a few unsterile replys im sure...
Anyway You might want to get someone to give you a hand doing the clutch cable, unless you have a long pole.. (not a long polish person)

i was wondering if i could use the psp screen...

would be easier, u got msn?

runaway-robot said:
i was wondering if i could use the psp screen...

would be easier, u got msn?

if you have a psp screen to waste. the PS1 screen has an aux input so it can show anything i plug into it like a DVD player etc,

sorry mate i don't have MSN, i got rid of it after my brother managed to spend 48 constant hours on it... it's addictive lol,

yea if you what to know more then bring up my "My NeXy beast" thread cos this one's going off topic.

PS that is one of five screens i will have in my car ;)

Dusk said:
Oh dear, that calls for a few unsterile replys im sure...
Anyway You might want to get someone to give you a hand doing the clutch cable, unless you have a long pole.. (not a long polish person)

lol i could see it as i typed it :D it was almost "rubber is such an unplesent thing to work IN... lol

i'm sure a Polish person would be just as useful lol :)

thanks for the tip mate, i'm gonna check my haynes later :)

sounds like the clutch is slippin tighten the cable and try again, as for the wheels vibratin get your wheels balanced. wont be the trackin.

Hi mate if your car is needing more revs to pull away up hills or the engine sound like its racing more the normal and your not going any faster you clutch is worn out and by tightening the cable will just make things worse. It would be like riding the clutch pedal and causing the clutch to slip and burn. There's noe easy fix but to replace the complete clutch assembly.

mph said:
Hi mate if your car is needing more revs to pull away up hills or the engine sound like its racing more the normal and your not going any faster you clutch is worn out and by tightening the cable will just make things worse. It would be like riding the clutch pedal and causing the clutch to slip and burn. There's noe easy fix but to replace the complete clutch assembly.

thanks mate, it's what i thought...

oh well, i got a new fly now so i can put that on at the same time :D

Back