Thinking of doing an open grill, help please

Hey MSC I am looking into giving my 98 k11 s reg micra a bit of a new look. I have been looking throught the forum on other peoples open mouth grills. Am i right to say they are mainly on the older k11s (pre-facelift?) the ones with the rectangular grill on the bottom of the bumper. Im not sure about this.

So my point is has anyone done it to my age/type of car. If so how would it look and how would i set about doing it. I kno the grills pop out te back of the bonnet, but to open the grill id have to cut into the bonnet??? Can anyone shed any light on this for me. Thanks guys!

It's more commonly done on the prefacelifts, I.e before 1997 I think.

Not sure if anyone has done it to the kind that you own.

looked at hoodeds bonnet and it seems like its fiberglassed the corners over the lights, and then filler is used to smooth it off. But it dosent say about the grill. It must just be cut out and filed untill smooth. More reading required me thinks

Hello!

I had plates welded to the corners and skimmed with filler for the BadBoy. With the grille,i removed the 2 black grilles and cut across. After some filing/sanding and some filler work it became open mouthed :)

Back