grill

richarda

Ex. Club Member
ive got a week off work soon in a few weeks and was thinking of working on the grill to make it a open mouth 1.

has anyone done a tutorial on it at all?

also does anyone have any ideas or tips they could give me while doing this or even better does anyone know where i can get 1 from already done? lol

cheers

richard

I don't believe there is a guide, there is a fibreglassing one which might come in handy. Im sure its a case of cutting out the centre section, fibreglassing the middle up, sanding it, primer and paint. Only advice I can give is take your time. As for a place to buy them, you can't unless you find one second hand.

ill nok ya one up for £30, painted n sent out? i wanted to put in a sig sayin i would do em, but i cant find how to put a sig in

R05_Micra said:
ill nok ya one up for £30, painted n sent out? i wanted to put in a sig sayin i would do em, but i cant find how to put a sig in

Signatures are only available to official members, along with avatars etc :)

Arnold

r05 micra if you could do me one in mettalic blue id be more than happy to give ya 30 quid mate, was gonna do it myself but avnt got the time, my emails [email protected] m8, let me know if u want me to pay u 1st

just curious for the £30 are they getting a totally blended virtually impossible to see open mouth grill or a cut the middle out and fill the hole...as i say just curious as im went on for ages doing mine to get it looking as close to factory made look as possible...but then i was getting slightly obsessive towards the end. :)

Im the opposite of joe boy micra...id charge more for the privillage :D as its not a 5min job.

me and my dad are planning on doing the grill with mesh by cutting out the middle bar and putting in stainless steel mesh is this a good idea or not and any things i should look out for

cheers LeZ:alien:

What exactly is an open-mouth grill?

How can you charge £30 for it? I assume you need to cut their bonnet?

lewis said:
What exactly is an open-mouth grill?

How can you charge £30 for it? I assume you need to cut their bonnet?

An open grill looks like the pic below (shown on Robbos car) It is only for the pre facelift Micras Lewis, basically it involves cutting the centre section out the grill, fibreglassing it then puting mesh behind it.

Are you going to the meet tomorrow btw?

Attachments

• micrasuper005.jpg
    micrasuper005.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 235
scottish-sr said:
An open grill looks like the pic below (shown on Robbos car) It is only for the pre facelift Micras Lewis, basically it involves cutting the centre section out the grill, fibreglassing it then puting mesh behind it.

Are you going to the meet tomorrow btw?

Ahhh - thanks, I thought it involved cutting out the centre piece of the grill (facelift).

Nah I won't be at the meet tomorrow, car still looking like a shed, sorry mate!

Back