Thinking about selling car

G

gazieb

thinking about selling my micra k11 1995 L becuase i cant find qanything for it e.g kits + its only 1.0 litre nd peeps rip the mick any advice on what to do ?

RE: -rhinking about selling car

You drive a near indestructable hatchback that is can be made to be fairly nippy.

Kit's etc... hmmm not my thing but kits can be made to fit, saxo's aren't that far off body shape wise. Can anyone post a pic of Gav's K11, that'll show him what can be done.

stuff the kits! buy a 1.3, full exhaust, air filter, cams, lighten fly wheel, a ecu remap and strip it out.

then watch the peoples faces change as you leave a saxo VTS/any corsa for dead :)

(all on closed/private roads of course)

Dr Zoidberg said:
stuff the kits! buy a 1.3, full exhaust, air filter, cams, lighten fly wheel, a ecu remap and strip it out.

then watch the peoples faces change as you leave a saxo VTS/any corsa for dead :)

(all on closed/private roads of course)

exactly!!!!

if you care more about peoples thoughts then no matter how much i love micras (k10) i still recomend you go corsa or sxo as the micra is ALWAys going to be underestimated.
because the people are to narrow minded to actually look at statistics

thanks alot people opened my eyes i will keep my micra and mod it screw what people think cheers

good lad.

see

subtle and straight to the point.

mate trust me.
ahev a look around. if your willing to put a bit more effort into things there is plenty of things available
read all the k11 generals and body mods etc. u will see that in japan the k11 is higly modded.
wide arch kits (kristian)
highly tuned (john&jo)
highly modded with other kits (gavs)
subtle mods/sleeper (gmans/titch)

each of these. can be done quite well.

each has there own specific things that make it stand out.

each to therir own. and when they see a very nicely modded. (whichever you decide) you will have alot more attention since there is no others alike it.
or very few to say the least.

i can mention what car i drive
to anyone in the whole area. stockton/middlesbrough hartlepool. darlington. and 8/10 people instantly sey
oh is it that grey primered one. cant wait for that to be finished.

meaning they recognise the car before i even tell them what it looks like. thats how unique it is.
now imagine if i was to say. i drive a kitted saxo ???
which one./ simple as. kitted corsa??
which one

my ktted micra. they know instantly. thats what made me carry on. as i lauigh at it everytime i see it.

and thats what keeps it fun to mod.
and seeing peoples faces when it leaves the saxo's corsa/ etc.

haivng guys in celicas etc floorring it just to beat me. so they dont get shown up as i leave them in low gears.,

thats what makes me smile :p

enjoy the drive mate. anjoy ti for yourself.

simple as

Hope you do stick with your Micra mate. ALL my mates ripped into me when I got rid of my 205 and got a 1.0l Micra instead. But think of the money you save on petrol, tax and insurance! (Well, until you start modding o_O )
You might as well at least practice modding the car you have, then take that experience with you when you get a "better" car later on.
And don't be afraid to experiment. I mean, who'd have thought a Fiesta Mark 4 front spoiler would suit the back end of a micra? :p

diffuser2.jpg

Good to see you came around mate, we all know the feeling! But like quicky said, seeing other cars having to floor it to catch up in the low gears, its a great feeling!
Dave, nice looking rear splitter, its gona look great! Oh, and what do u mean by a "Better Car"?? :p

i can catagorically prove that reaching the maximum required street speed limit and then continuing at a steady pace is better than accelerating a bit at a time.

reaching the desired speed quicker is better for the environment and better on fel economy because ecceleration is less.

i never mentioned anything about going OVER the speed limit ;)

if u are that fed up with your micra get something else or run two cars like we do.

I love my micra and although she is only my everyday car she is still modded. If u find the one litre slow, get a 1.3.

i drive a mr2 awell but still love my micra.

quickdraw said:
i can catagorically prove that reaching the maximum required street speed limit and then continuing at a steady pace is better than accelerating a bit at a time.

Every law in physics says you are utterly wrong wayne. What you say cannot be proved as its compleatly false. For a start at full throttle the injection/carbs richen the fuel mixture, and activates the fuel enrichment pump (on a carb). Both of which will cause more emmissions less MPG more wear on everything on the car. Drive like this and you would get significantly worse mileage for your money.

Yes probably!! gazieb is not an official member so he cannot view that lol

a scientific test was done a few years ago, driving at full throttle is more economic than gently accelerating....but this only applys until the most economic revs for the next gear change arrive. so its for a very short time only full throtle then change gear.

You cannot say something like that without reference to the test. All nissan ECU's (and any other ecu I know of) when driven on WOT will be running OUT of loop and in the enrichment (acceleration) part of the map. This alone will use more fuel. There are hundeds of other things I can think of as well which would also contribute to extra fuel load if you tried to accelerate to the speed limit at every opportunity.

Back