Thermostat Question. . .

Baz

Ex. Club Member
Are they the same as anything else like a pulsar gti-r? I see a low temp nismo item available thinks me needs one for track use as the water temp hit 95degrees before the cool down lap. . .

i doubt it would make any difference baz (the thermostat will be wide open whatever the range) it sounds like your cooling system can,t keep up with the demands (rad upgrade ?) :)

i doubt it would make any difference baz (the thermostat will be wide open whatever the range) it sounds like your cooling system can,t keep up with the demands (rad upgrade ?) :)

Well ok thats fair enough Frank Thanks(Y)

The car is'nt overheating or anything never used water in the last 2 years, and the rad I think is ok for the power level I have plus I have the fmic to keep intake temps down as I reckon they are related somewhere along the line. Even considering all that I may size up a larger rad but I need some space across the front of the crash bar as ic pipework is routed through there

95 is ok. I think the ST themostats are 82 deg and normal K10 are 86 or 88. Something like that anyway. I don't know of any others of the top of my head.

95 is ok. I think the ST themostats are 82 deg and normal K10 are 86 or 88. Something like that anyway. I don't know of any others of the top of my head.

Yeah 82 deg is the st one the last time I checked but I think the nismo one is 68 deg If I remember correctly. ..

So 95 deg is ok? Runs about 88-90 for normal use

95 is FINE baz. 68 is LOW I wouldn't use that.

K11 ones are fine leave it.

sorry baz mate forgot how sensative you are to people hijackin your threads he he he :p (even though i did, didnt mean to though)

mine is going to be used on the road and trach/drag so i was thinking along the same lines as you, although av not been on a trach with it yet im just guna try and cover myself from all angles and play it safe than sorry.

ok :grinning: i'll do as im told

quick question ed, at what bhp would i be starting to think of changeing the radiator?

sorry baz mate forgot how sensative you are to people hijackin your threads he he he :p (even though i did, didnt mean to though)

mine is going to be used on the road and trach/drag so i was thinking along the same lines as you, although av not been on a trach with it yet im just guna try and cover myself from all angles and play it safe than sorry.

:laugh: Nice sly dig in there I like it, don't worry bout it man I've learned to relax (most of the time ) on t'internets

@ Ed cheers ,just making sure it was'nt going to cause problems further down the line

:) :quote: I've learned to relax (most of the time )......theres a good boy!!

can i be a cheeky so and so, can i come and see your st when im over to see some family

keep in mind your fmic would be blocking a little bit of flow to the rad... dunno if that makes a difference

Back