Hello and a question

Hello everybody, Im glad to have found somewhere for Micra enthusiasts. Ive helped keep my Nans Micra on the road for over 20 years and its still going strong, with only one motor change. Ive just bought myself something a bit strange...a 1.0lt Micra Trike !!!! Ive got a problem with it and hope someone here can steer me in the right direction. Its got a persistant over heating problem, which I have tried fixing with a new rad cap and thermostat and switching the fan on permanently. I have now found oil in the water which means a blown headgasket. I would rather find a low milage motor and autobox to fit, rather than mucking around with skimming heads etc...only for it to go again. The previous owner is vague and unhelpfull and isn't sure of the model.

So the biggest question is, how do l ID my motor and box and which motors and boxes (must be auto) are easily interchangable.

I can post a picture or 2 if your curious. Its not as pretty as my other Trike, but it serves a very usefull purpose. I really wanna get this up and running properly for the Summer.

Thanks.......Bazza ;)

bazza

bring on those pics !!!

Hiya, here goes then... I broke my back a few years ago and use a wheelchair, hence the need for an autobox, so I can ride it with handlebar mounted controls.

video2a020-1.jpg

video2a014-1.jpg

video2a008.jpg

There you go....gives you some idea of whats going on... :)

Bazza..

hi bazza nice trike and the over heating prob may be the seat is restricting a good air flow in to the radiator

Thanks...Yep, for sure, its not in a good position and I think the damage is done now. I have another rad and fan which I will be fitting as well as the original for the new motor, to help...

Bazza

ok i see looking closer to the pics if there was a open section on the plate under the seat you should get the air flow needed and if u mount to rads you could do this te other side to keep it looking good

bazza

love it (Y)
looks like a k10 to me, so 1.2 engine and some mods i,d say

If its a K10, does that rule out all K11s ? Are all sized K10s interchangable and is the 1.2 the biggest K10 with an autobox ?

(Sorry for a million questions...just begining to get my head round all this)

Thanks....Bazza :grinning:

ok i see looking closer to the pics if there was a open section on the plate under the seat you should get the air flow needed and if u mount to rads you could do this te other side to keep it looking good

Yep, theres space under the seat for some airflow, but Im gonna double the rads up, just to make sure for when sitting heavy traffic in the summer..

Bazza :)

ok i think you are going to need to open the plate up to raise the air flow even with 2 rads in there may be drill some holes in the plate just to let air flow into the rad and with the holes drilled the rad fan should pull the air though really well

yer the 1.2 is the biggest engine for the k10 full stop.

Okeedokee...Thanks, I know which part of the forum to hang out in now :) I think I'll be posting in the FS and WTD too...

Bazza

How is a K10 auto listed as a model and year if Im talking to a breakers whos not sure what they've got..? And Im guessing that 1.2s might be a bit thin on the ground..? Also do all K10 1.0 and 1.2s fit with auto or manual boxes..?

Thanks....Bazza :)

The 1.2 is known by the engine code MA12S, I used to know the code for the autobox too but the name escapes me now!

Welcome to the club, nice to see another quirky Micra based project on here (I'm currently selling a Micra Camper Van!)

James.

woah! that is so awesome!

it looks like you have the K10 engine, the MA10 block. as said the best you will get is a 1.2

personally (cos i love k11s) i would get a k11 1.3 CG13DE engine in there with an auto box. auto boxes are easy to come by (just chucked one out damn it lol)

but yea 1.3 would really pull on something like that, i think you would like it

OOOOORRR you go for a rare march super turbo engine, if you want to go really fast lol :D that would be some work as they are hard to find and have alot more too them but in theory it would drop straight in. tho a bit easier is the Nissan figaro which has a turbo engine in it which will bolt straight on :D

The 1.2 is known by the engine code MA12S, I used to know the code for the autobox too but the name escapes me now!

Welcome to the club, nice to see another quirky Micra based project on here (I'm currently selling a Micra Camper Van!)

James.

Hiya, thanks. I love that camper, bit too small for me...though Ive posted a link for you, in another bike/trike/car custom forum I go in a lot, called BritChopper.. Theres loads of comments and interest but no bites yet...

it looks like you have the K10 engine, the MA10 block. as said the best you will get is a 1.2

personally (cos i love k11s) i would get a k11 1.3 CG13DE engine in there with an auto box. auto boxes are easy to come by (just chucked one out damn it lol)

OOOOORRR you go for a rare march super turbo engine, if you want to go really fast lol :D that would be some work as they are hard to find and have alot more too them but in theory it would drop straight in. tho a bit easier is the Nissan figaro which has a turbo engine in it which will bolt straight on :D

Hiya...what stops a K11 going into the K10 ? Is it 'just' engine mounts or does it include different drive shafts/hubs..? A more up to date 1300cc would be good if its not too hard to sort. Im trawling through Ebay at the mo and theres HEAPS more K11 bits :(

Does the Figaro come with an auto and slot straight into a K10..?

bazza

a k11 transplant would be pretty straight forward but you would have to rig up the ecu and high pressure fuelpump, and the cvt box is expensive to repair

i am pretty sure that the figaro boxes were all autos, and they are the same engine as in the k10 only with a turbo on them. (same as the march k10 turbo)
so i think it would be a straight swap. only problem is figaros are hard to come by.

as for the CG13 k11 engine convertion, i don't know anyone who has even tried it so i am not sure but i think that you would probably have to change:

mounts
hubs
driveshafts
wiring loom

but they don't die, these engines are good. not sure about the auto boxes but you don't get too many complaints here.

bazza

a k11 transplant would be pretty straight forward but you would have to rig up the ecu and high pressure fuelpump, and the cvt box is expensive to repair

i am pretty sure that the figaro boxes were all autos, and they are the same engine as in the k10 only with a turbo on them. (same as the march k10 turbo)
so i think it would be a straight swap. only problem is figaros are hard to come by.

as for the CG13 k11 engine convertion, i don't know anyone who has even tried it so i am not sure but i think that you would probably have to change:

mounts
hubs
driveshafts
wiring loom

but they don't die, these engines are good. not sure about the auto boxes but you don't get too many complaints here.

Thanks....gonna see what I can come up with..

Sonic just pointed me to this; http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-1...ryZ18238QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Ive hit the buy it now...just gotta workout how to pick it up :)

that is so cool :D let us know how you get on, i am sure there are people here who will buy the leftovers :D

Back