another brake question

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
hi all, heres another brake question. ive bought my calipers from a 1.6 pulsar n14. i only bought the calipers as i intend to buy the rotors from dba (or maybe you guys/gals could reccomend anything else?) do i need to buy the round metal plate that goes on b4 the rotor goes on? could you all suggest some places to buy the dba rotors and reccomend some pads (once again where to get them and how much i should expect to pay?) im in brisbane
cheers

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
DBA - rotors from Autobarn, or Repco if you have one off those 20% off vouchers they have been sending out. I think std discs are around $100 mark and slotteds are $120ish?Could also try RDA disc (think aaron has those) i *think* their website is www.racebrakes.com.au

as for pads, i'm using Bendix Advanced, they seem okay,

not sure what this metal thing is before the disc, maybe they had aftermarket stone sheild things on them?, you just need the caliper + mounting brakect and some new discs AFAIK, oh and grab 4 std metal washers that fit the mounting bracket bolt through, to go between the hub and the mounting brakect as you *may or may not* need them to move the caliper out 1mm and avoid fouling the rotor

Alex

Back