Another GA16 Question

Hi guys, newbie here. I'm planning a ga16de swap on my 1.0L '98 micra facelift but have a few questions before I begin. So where to begin, a list of the few bits ive read so far after searching the forums:

1) The GA16de will bolt directly to either the 1.3 sr gearbox or facelift 1.0L gearbox.
2) If the box is kept in the same place the front, rear and gearbox mounts stay the same and the driver side box needs to be modified, also if this route is taken the stock micra drives can be used. also an electric waterpump will be needed or the chassis modified to give enough clearance for the water pump pulley
3) If the GA16 box is used the driver and passenger mounts and driveshafts will need to be custom
4) If the CG10de/CG13de throttle body is kept the micra ecu can be used.

My question is what else from primera/sunny/almera will i need to complete this? Wiring loom, Radiator and fans?

the chassis cutting/electric waterpump option is if you retain the g/box mounts and driveshafts, but if you move the assy over to the nearside to clear the chassis then the custom g/box mounts and driveshafts are needed :grinning:

the chassis cutting/electric waterpump option is if you retain the g/box mounts and driveshafts, but if you move the assy over to the nearside to clear the chassis then the custom g/box mounts and driveshafts are needed :grinning:

cheers frank for clearing that up, edited now :) anything else you can add?

anything else you can add?

regarding the loom, it depends if the coolant sensor, dizzy connectors etc are a straight swap or spliceable, then you can decide which throttlebody and loom to use (you,re best to ask the guys on here who have actually done the conversion tbh)
and the k11 rad should suffice imo

hmmm looks like ill need to do more research into the wiring end of things! Moar fun!! :D a few more questions to add now too....... if i get almera gti or pulsar gtir front calipers ill need need bigger master brake cylinder and brake lines but which model brake lines do i order pulsar/almera stainless lines or will micra ones do? will they be enough to stop the car alone or will i try get discs for the back? so many questions agggghhhh :p

i have the pulsar fronts on my micra without upgrading the master cylinder or brake lines and they do the job. just make sure the car brakes in a straight line. about the loom you can fit the cg throttle body to use the loom there, maybe use the altenator aswell and swap sensors over unless its a straight fit. personally if i were to do the conversion myself id try it and see what problems arise as most of the conversions on here are never into full detail

i have the pulsar fronts on my micra without upgrading the master cylinder or brake lines and they do the job. just make sure the car brakes in a straight line. about the loom you can fit the cg throttle body to use the loom there, maybe use the altenator aswell and swap sensors over unless its a straight fit. personally if i were to do the conversion myself id try it and see what problems arise as most of the conversions on here are never into full detail

well the car will be used for road use and maybe a little track action so ill be braking a lot on the track on bends but seeing as the GTi-R is approx 220bhp and the ga16 is only 100hp i cant see stopping being that much of a problem but without upgrading the master cylinder wont the pedal be a little soft or wont i have to press pretty hard to get some response from them? As for the wiring when i strip the bay ill label everything and see how much matches up with the GA loom

I found the pre nats sunny looms a better fit and they have the same sensors as the primera so if you use pre nats sunny looms then you can use a pre nats primera ecu or use the later nats jobbies and get everything re coded.. the reason i used sunny looms is that they are near perfect fitment as opposed to primera that i found much to big to make a tidy job

Cheers for the advice mate, im in the process of trying to source a pre-nats ga16 so might just try get an entire sunny for breaking if possible. still want to do a few other bits like do suspension and get some nice grippy tyres and alloys and strip the ##### out! :)

1) The GA16de will bolt directly to either the 1.3 sr gearbox or facelift 1.0L gearbox.

Oooo that's good to know!
I have the K11 hubs already on my k10... so I could just buy and use K11 driveshafts?

Did the 1.0L Facelift K11 gearbox come in a 4-speed?

Oooo that's good to know!
I have the K11 hubs already on my k10... so I could just buy and use K11 driveshafts?

Did the 1.0L Facelift K11 gearbox come in a 4-speed?

Im fairly sure the K11 facelifts were all 5-speed unfortunatly, honestly couldnt answer your first question though, maybe someone more experience could shed some more light on this?

Im having trouble finding a pre-nats primera locally but pre-nats sunnys are plentiful and cheap so was wondering if i got the engine from a post-nats ga16de and used the loom and ecu from the sunny would that run much the same?

Ahh cheers for that!
Will investigate the K11 driveshafts and gearbox further.

I got my GA16 from a P10 Primera - minus NATS so I was lucky.

Not sure about the looms from the Sunnys, but wires are wires, as for the ECU...*Shrug* :p

Back