yummy......

Attachments

• IMG_2045.jpg
    IMG_2045.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 620
  • IMG_2047.jpg
    IMG_2047.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 646
The old one is perfectly fine and will possibly be sold to barry in ireland, if not Ill keep it. :)

My turbo wouldnt fit on that anyway. It specificly for a March ST. I can do you a brand new GT25R for £620 though...

Head totally stripped cleaned skimmed and inspected.. Its not perfect but it will do for this build.

Attachments

• IMG_2048.jpg
    IMG_2048.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 531
  • IMG_2049.jpg
    IMG_2049.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 537
That cannot map ignition therefore is useless for a turbo conversion.. Sorry to say, If you have it sell it and get e-manage instead.

do not do it, lol, e-manage is much much better. Apexi SAFC won't handle a turbo conversion on the scale you're planning. And also has no timing control.

@#%!£$%&_)!!!!!

right, thats me e-manage not for sale then, and the apexi back up for sale from raceworx....

cack cack cack......

I have spent all day rebuilding my head, thats now done, and i am now inspecting the block. This seems fine except that one piston has signs of damage (right next to where the headgasket failed) so that needs to be changed. Fortunately I have a perfect piston of the same grade from my other engine, and so that is what I am going to use. That way I will know my engine is 100% again.

Ed

Ok so in the end I changed two pistons over, and the head is now on. Quite a large job done today. Im going to tidy up the engine bay tomorrow and get everything ready for when I have the inlet and exhaust gaskets..

Click here for images

What was quite amusing (ish) was that I found one of my valves had cracked and lost a bit. I had to take the sump off for getting to the pistons so I took the opportunity to give the sump a wash and clean and I found the missing bit of valve stem as you can see in one of the images.

The later rebuild is being kept quite until it happens. Im just getting it on the road first.

Standard super turbo manifold - With a few modifications, yes. It will do for the time being.

Nice work Ed :)

Not going with forged pistons, or are the standard pistons forged already? I'm not too hot on the ST internals.

The manifolds are restrictive. This is simply an experiment. No one in austrailia (really) knows anything about them anyway.

Whats the chance of a similar engine being built onto the 1.4k11 engine?? To my understanding the supercharger and turbocharger have ecu?? That controls the running of both to provide a smooth transition from supercharger to turbo which becomes the main obstacle?

ED have you moved the alternator or shud it be there, if you have moved it is there any chance of the bracket template, and new belt size???

Yes I moved the alternator :) I just welded it up. Its not hard!! get a lump of metal and DIY it hehe!

A similar system could also be done on a 1.4 K11 however not with the bosche ecu it would have to be another one. Also its alot of work to get it to work. Most probably not really worth the effort to be honest.

Ed

Car is running now :) Has 4 new tyres fitted and slowly is getting there. Need to set the clearances on all the valves and stuff now but it is getting there.

Ed

Been having a play with the stock ST ECU and just been looking at the stock ignition map which I thought i would show as it looks pretty haha. I plan to rewrite the rom with a few changes in the next week to make life more simple with the e-manage. (infact I could make it redundant if i didnt want to keep it for other reasons).

Ed

Attachments

• st_ecu_ign.jpg
    st_ecu_ign.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 415
another pic

Its a shame really I didnt weld it with stainless wire. I didnt think it was going to work out as well as it did so it was a trial fit, but as it turns out its quite neat after all and had i done stainless welds it would all have stayed shiny. Doh!

IMG_2147.jpg

It looks like a good fit though, a stupid question, but I have forgotten the answer, the smaller pipe next to the exhaust, that is the wastegate/actuator pipe?
Also, on that graph, how come you can open the throttle 128%?

128 is not throttle position. Thats just the load scaling. Its based on airflow not throttle position. That second pipe is for the wastegate. It was going to be a screamer pipe but its stupidly loud so im going to modify it this afternoon to go back into the main system.

Ed

Ahhh, so that is something like 128cf/m then, are the timings BDC too?
Does that wastegate pipe go back into the airflow before the tubro, or is it externally vented (I'm guessing externally vented)
Craig

I thought I had updated this. Anyway the screamer pipe was vented, but even an idle test it was crazy loud. So I have now joined it back into the main system.

The timings are BTDC

IMG_2168.jpg

IMG_2170.jpg

Good stuff, guess I must be learning...
Did you have to weld a new flange on the manifold and are you planning on getting a tubular one made up?
Craig

I plan to build a manifold myself at some stage. Althugh I will not be doing so with my current welder as its not particulary neat. And yes I welded a new T2 flange I cut from 12mm steel to the origional ST manifold.

Brilliant!!Can't wait to see what she makes.What head gasket did you use?

Mine's getting an uprated clutch at the moment and fix a small leak in the box itself

sorry for this novice question but

what's a "screemer pipe"...(I can see it on the pic but dont know what it really is)

an audio link would help me

cheers

A screamer pipe is a pipe from the wastegate that vents directly to the atmoshphere, i.e. it does not join back into the main system.

It runs!! And it makes boost!! (ok it would be horriffic if I didnt have a supercharger however)

Back