The Superturbo REBIRTH

A screamer pipe is a pipe from the wastegate that vents directly to the atmoshphere, i.e. it does not join back into the main system.

Cheers, I think I've got it...

sounds like "pshhhhhh!" when the valve opens? similar to the sound of a bus or HGV comming to a stop?

Actually it just sounds like an engine with no silencer on it!! haha..

Well the ST passed its MOT this afternoon which was nice :)

umm well its a bit hard to put in perspective just how large a turbo this is for engine capacity, but its peaked at around 1.3 bar at the moment, that was coming back from mot. ill know more tomorrow when i have tax.

Ok check this out:

(MPH) RPM limit = 7000

0-30 = 2.4 sec
0-40 = 3.5 sec
0-50 = 4.5 sec
0-60 = 6.0 sec
0-70 = 7.7 sec

also specification update:
930cc 8v SOHC
440cc injectors
E-manage ultimate
GTi-R MAF
GT28R turbo
Custom headgasket
Walbro 255HP fuel pump
MSD Blaster coil with Evo coil driver
Modified custom ecu (ROM) with 8K limiter
Nismo clutch
Nitrous
Antilag/launch control
NGK racing recessed 9 spark plugs
2.5 inch s/s exhaust

And yes you saw it, with the help of Micra_Pete, I now cracked the ST ROM have re-programmed my ROM with an 8K limiter. A rather exciting development I must say.

There is still much tuning to do, However it is looking good!!! I shall be visiting santapod soon I hope to freshen the leaderboard a bit. About time too.. Whos up for a race :) Kev?!! :p

st.jpg

st1.jpg

st3.jpg

do you run an oil cooler on this ed??

big front mount would look cool but would it complicate the turbo sc switching with lag's??

still one of the most impressive small engined cars int he country

oh is it still NoS'd ??

very interesting read Ed! you probably know more about the ST than Nissan by now :p love to see what 1/4 mile this monsters is going to do now!

not sharing details on the hg untill its a proven concept. FMIC will happen when funds allow, and yes it still has nitrous.

:)

I am surprised your the only one to mention that. I may spray it silver but im not fussed at the moment.

lol its scratched, if im to keep it i need to respray it at some point anyway.

do you run an oil cooler on this ed??

big front mount would look cool but would it complicate the turbo sc switching with lag's??

still one of the most impressive small engined cars int he country

oh is it still NoS'd ??

I have a fmic on my st lag is'nt to bad just initially when you put the boot in and the clutch engages on the s/c it takes a sec for the pressure to build in the system then its fine,not much of a difference to be honest as regards to lag

hi excuse my insufficient knowledge, but you say it has got antilag fitted, ive heared of this before but 'WHAT IS ANTILAG'

Nice Ed!

Why did you go for the GT28R as opposed to what I had before, the GT28RS but go with the 0.64 AR housing.

As I am aware, it is actually a smaller turbo, but will flow more air due to the compresssor housing design.

Cheers

Dave

P.S. Get some good tyres on it an crack into the 13's please!

Yeah 13s will be cool. I got a good price on this, so decided to go with it and see what happens. Now I have converted it however any T2 series will fit on it.

There is still much tuning to do, However it is looking good!!! I shall be visiting santapod soon I hope to freshen the leaderboard a bit. About time too.. Whos up for a race :) Kev?!! :p
Glad you got the ST back on the road and with soo many improvements! :eek:

I'm definately up for santa pod, however I can still see you having the upper hand, but I'm sure the glanza will run good times :)

Kev

Nice to see things back and all groovy!
Think you're best competition is to give Nis/James a run in his Turbo 1.4!!!
I'll have to come round sometime soon so you can take me for a spin (and do some measurements for some shims) hehe.

Ok results taken in the same way as before (ecu logged speed) with 8K limiter:

0-30 2.33
0-40 3.26
0-50 4.30
0-60 5.50
0-70 7.45

compared to:

0-30 = 2.4 sec
0-40 = 3.5 sec
0-50 = 4.5 sec
0-60 = 6.0 sec
0-70 = 7.7 sec

Its getting difficult to map now at these power levels. I am going to try and get it on the dyno within the next week or two for some more refinment.

Ed

Wow mate thats one hell of a car. I reaaaaaaaally want to go to santa pod (although not in the micra lol) so when you go please post so at least i can go with people i know and wont be lonely lol. Ill race you if you want as well :).

Back