The repeated camshaft question.

davey1991

If its not scrubbing, its not low enough.
Purely because i've forgotten.
I have a set of 1.3 cams out of my old car, i want it driveable everyday so am i wanting too put only the inlet or only the exhaust cam in?
Both in the last car was a little annoying having too rev the little things bum off.

Its in now, notice the shift in power, much different too both cams, so much more useable but doesn't have that top end punch.

No real downfall. But the power band is much higher in the rev range iirc

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

You have too go everywhere at high rpm too get power. More engine wear and use more fuel.

mmmmm........might have a go at it tomorrow........do you need to seal the timing chain cover when you re-assemble

Ive been meaning to do this for a while now too. what difference is there between fitting the inlet or the exaust? i was gonna just chuck the inlet in but i wanna know every possible option first lol

I finally did mine yesterday.
Adding the inlet cam only adds power to the midrange. Adding both inlet and exhaust adds the power higher up the rev range.
Inlet only make the car more of a daily driver.

i
I finally did mine yesterday.
Adding the inlet cam only adds power to the midrange. Adding both inlet and exhaust adds the power higher up the rev range.
Inlet only make the car more of a daily driver.
i meant whats the difference between just adding the exaust and just adding the inlet lol.:p

i

i meant whats the difference between just adding the exaust and just adding the inlet lol.:p

With my limited knowledge i would guess that you would have the same power with just the exhaust cam but it would kick in higher up the rev range. ?

i remember rading somewhere that the 1.3 exaust cam keeps the valves open a fraction too long, loosing compression, so i suppose so davey. went out earlier and found that the screw on the right hand of the cover is rusted into a shapless blob, anyone know the best method for removal? bit off topic but not really much to start a new thread on lol :rolleyes:

Back