• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

The only one built

I dont mince my words and you know I will give as much I can receive. Stop whining.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Anyway if I do it to this guy too.. He can rinse ur build lol.. He might actually get his done. Unlike urs haha. Love u :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Only reason im doing it is cause I got the car cheap. It cost me more to do a full service inc timing belt water pump brake pads. This year its running standard not even a paint job. Then over next winter its getting stripped again. More chassis streghening. Paint job. Engine tuning. So pla. This year is to build test find any faults that need adressing then rebuilt to its final state for next year and do a few shows.

Only reason im doing it is cause I got the car cheap. It cost me more to do a full service inc timing belt water pump brake pads. This year its running standard not even a paint job. Then over next winter its getting stripped again. More chassis streghening. Paint job. Engine tuning. So pla. This year is to build test find any faults that need adressing then rebuilt to its final state for next year and do a few shows.
We appreciate your ballsymess as you can tell not many projects get completed on here. So we're looking forward to it
I'd get strengthening that chassis right now as a word of warning :)

Chris just doesn't like nissanubaru and he hates my "secret project" too because I won't tell (plus he hadn't even realised I started the build til he found the blog)

We'll stop spamming your thread and if course we'll help where we can :)

There be lots of streghening done. But once its been run ill see where it will need more. Yeah been on here a long time seen so many not complete. Theres a blog on here from my first k11 which I tuned the 1.3 to the limits for a n/a engine.

There be lots of streghening done. But once its been run ill see where it will need more. Yeah been on here a long time seen so many not complete. Theres a blog on here from my first k11 which I tuned the 1.3 to the limits for a n/a engine.
I've only been around since May so I haven't seen a great deal come nor go. I've always come through with my stuff (eventually :p)
Haven't seen any of your previous work. But like I say not been active long :)

Offtopic: Almost seems u are married @SirChris and @h701micra :S
We are :D
1393397722816.jpg

but its hard to get hold a 4wd skyline at the right price. I can afford it but gotta get the safety part done first. The wheelbase will be a tad longer than a micra for it all to fit. Its the width that creates stability so its gonna be wider!

Mount engine n box, rear subframe etc, shorten prop. Easy job :)
You cannot lengthen the wheelbase safely

Last edited:
Micra people are low on completion records lol.
aye, the problem with the big projects is that members steam into it with gusto, then get overwhelmed with whats left to do and they hit a brick wall ! (been there-done that)

Last edited:
That's why I've researched, measured, planned every single step of my swap before I start. I know exactly whats involved, how long I can expect it to take best case and worst case so I know that bar anything horrific i know what i'm up against.

aye, the problem with the big projects is that members steam into it with gusto, then get overwhelmed with whats left to do and they hit a brick wall ! (been there-done that)
Jesus I made that mistake... I am surprised it got finished tbh. I see people doing it now, getting caught up in the passion of the final product, not realising they have to work for that big finale.

Jesus I made that mistake... I am surprised it got finished tbh. I see people doing it now, getting caught up in the passion of the final product, not realising they have to work for that big finale.
I kept splitting funds between my ongoing projects making progress slow and damn near impossible. But I sorted myself out and focused on one at a time now they're flying

When the motivation runs out on one I swap to another :) avoids the "sod it that'll do" attitude I had with H701 pre JAE

Yep. 200mm of the engine will be joining me in the cabin. The most suprising thing is the shocker mounts sre the exact same distance apart on both cars. An the chassis legs on the micra are further apart than a skyline

So how do you intend to line the front shafts up? Or are you retaining the oe setup with the firewall modification?
My engine sits right up front because of shaft location :) and I'm 320mm wider over standard too :)

Im using the skyline subframe and suspension so it all lines up naturally just going through the fire wall

Remaking the turrets then? I decided to source different suspension so I didn't have to cut any chassis components. Ended up wity polo 6n2 shocks n springs and they fitted a treat

Soon..... just gotta finish the subframe mounts then will post a pic with the engine sat in. Wont be for a few week cant work on over the next 2 weeks

Hey up people ive got some bad news the project is no longer happening because ive just bought this and the part are been used in this.

Attachments

• 1394920670974.jpg
    1394920670974.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 255
Back