• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

The Migra

Simaroon

Buy & Sell Member
Hello all, thought id put a quick blog for my migra, i bought it as a 2nd car run around but knew it wouldnt be long before i started buying stuff for it. so this will act as a something to look back on and see whats changed on it over time :blues:

anyway, here it is, the most basic 1.0 known to man (Y).

DSC01446.jpg

im not going to go over the top with it, i also have a rx7 which is a money pit, so migra is going to be uber cheapness, just going to get some wider wheels and take the ride height down a bit.

ive read about the panhard rod needing changing if the car gets lowered, but dont want to be going into unnecessary costs, ive seen somebody on here who does bushes for the rod to sit in at a reasonable cost, could somebody point me in the right direction please.

will add some more pics soon

o

You'd be wanting frank for the bushes

And you might want to look at markbognors prov spec 1.0 blog for instant cheap win

thanks for the replies, is frank is username on here, i may have to send him a pm asking him politley if he has any of these, i was only planning on cutting one coil from the springs, maybe 2, do you stilll think i will need the bushes?

thanks for the rx7 comment too, it is an awsome car, i love it.

im off to search for markbognors thread now:blues:

thanks for the replies, is frank is username on here, i may have to send him a pm asking him politley if he has any of these, i was only planning on cutting one coil from the springs, maybe 2, do you stilll think i will need the bushes?

thanks for the rx7 comment too, it is an awsome car, i love it.

im off to search for markbognors thread now:blues:

you,re best to measure your axle shift after lowering really simaroon :) i have 2 or 3 offset bushes left and they correct from 0 to 7 or 8 mm of shift,

you,re best to measure your axle shift after lowering really simaroon :) i have 2 or 3 offset bushes left and they correct from 0 to 7 or 8 mm of shift,

hi mate, just pm'd you without realising you had replied to this thread.
so it would be best to cut the springs first, see how much axle shift there is (how do i do this) and then get in touch with you for the bushes?

thanks again

hi mate, just pm'd you without realising you had replied to this thread.
so it would be best to cut the springs first, see how much axle shift there is (how do i do this) and then get in touch with you for the bushes?

thanks again

i usually hold a stick against the bottom of the tyre and against the arch simaroon, then measure the gap to the top of the tyre :)
(sure karl :))

i usually hold a stick against the bottom of the tyre and against the arch simaroon, then measure the gap to the top of the tyre :)
(sure karl :))

thanks mate, ive just bought some 14" BBS's off ebay and picking them up over the weekend so will be wanting to lower it very soon, how much do u want for the bush? im only going to cut a coil at a time so cant see the shift being more than 8mm

thanks mate, ive just bought some 14" BBS's off ebay and picking them up over the weekend so will be wanting to lower it very soon, how much do u want for the bush? im only going to cut a coil at a time so cant see the shift being more than 8mm

8mm pretty much covers any drop usually, and £12 posted :)

thanks Seb (Y)

couple more pics here,
the one of a kind migra badge (i think)
DSC01440.jpg

had some left over carbon fibre which i had bought a while back but never used so................
DSC01441.jpg

DSC01442.jpg

used it instead of cutting the grill out, next up is to black the headlight insides, i seen a post on here somewhere with details on doing it so going to dig that out with a bit of luck

why migra?? i dont get it.....also whats this about bushes for the panhard rod, mines is slammd and aint go no fancy bushes lol, is that an issue? i cant notice any offset/camber/axle differences on my super s at all!?

A migra is welsh for micra, only cool people are priveledged enough to drive Migra's :blues:

thanks for you understandable interest and curiosity in the word migra :glare:

bought a set of wheels for it today, happy with them but they dont quite fit, need to get longer wheel studs first :blues:

14" BBS Golf mk2 GTI Wheels, bigger and wider than the biscuit steelies the migras currently got.

DSC01443.jpg

DSC01445.jpg

good little migration going on here :grinning: your other cars looking so low,it has to be one of your first steps into the micra territory

The migra Has gone to car heaven I think :(

Part exd for a newer Honda and dealer said he'd most likely scrap it, sad times.

Back