The new project.....

anything listed in this post is for the blue car :) installed coilovers, there GAB Revo Stroke, height and dampening adjustable shocks, 8 point adjustable rear, 4 point adjustable fronts, fronts also have pillow ball strut tops!! woohoo :) first impressions of this setup was holy **** its hard.. till i adjusted the shocks from the hardest setting to the softest.. hard will only be used on the track, or in the case the government decides to finally spend some money on our roads.
here's a few piccies i just took before

have to roll the guards, its sitting loooooow, handles and rides really well with the adjustable shocks

sportsclassic WROTE:

"turbo march-rolling shell WROTE:<BR><BR>"not yet mate.. been sooooooooooooooo busy with everything else. shouldn't be long but"</DIV><BR><BR>yeh no worries, what price were you looking to get for them?

will be around the 450-$500 mark. might seem pricey, but there's alot of work that goes into them, mullholland charge 80000Y for the exact same thing.. i'll put up more pics + detail when i get a chance

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
turbo march-rolling shell WROTE:

DIV><BR><BR>will be around the 450-$500 mark. might seem pricey, but there's alot of work that goes into them, mullholland charge 80000Y for the exact same thing.. i'll put up more pics + detail when i get a chance

no worries thanks turbo.

got the cams in this arvo/tonite, ended up going a bitsa setup, using a tomei pon cam 256 intake / nismo n2 264 exhaust. holly ****, what a difference, even without tuning, gave it a boot full, 256 gives plenty of midrange with the 264 giving it a great push all the way untill redline.. seems like it just wanted to rev and rev and rev. can't wait to get the jun 3.6kg now, might go tuning on the weekend if i can T-up myself a co-pilot :) , and a closed race track ofcourse!

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
turbo march-rolling shell WROTE:

"got the cams in this arvo/tonite, ended up going a bitsa setup, using a tomei pon cam 256 intake / nismo n2 264 exhaust. holly ****, what a difference, even without tuning, gave it a boot full, 256 gives plenty of midrange with the 264 giving it a great push all the way untill redline.. seems like it just wanted to rev and rev and rev. can't wait to get the jun 3.6kg now, might go tuning on the weekend if i can T-up myself a co-pilot :) , and a closed race track ofcourse!

You doing tuning with a wideband O2 setup or something? Where'd you get the cams? Do most places allow you to buy a single intake or exhaust cam?

---dens

yeh, i've got a wideband air fuel ratio meter here. has internal datalogging / log to my laptop, plot boost/rpm/af/tps anything you want, cost me a friggin fotune, but i've made money back on it tuning customers/mates cars. i know the micra is cheap, but no way in the world would i use a poxy autometer or any other single wire o2 sensor to even tune my lawn mower. i've tuned microtech, ems, apexi power fc, motec, wolf and heaps of emanage, haven't blown anything yet!, but i've had alot of tuition from a mechanic friend of mine that used to build the ex gibson motorsport gtr's. got the cams when i was in japan last, and the tomei one came from perfectrun. if you got money, places will sell you whatever you want mate, if they don't, its not worth spending your money there.

deNs WROTE:

"Do you do tuning as a profession or is it just a hobby of yours? Wish I lived up in QLD, seems to be micra central these days :p<BR><BR>---dens

everything i do is a professional hobby! i do a bit of work for skyline imports and a few import/compliancing places up here and did a bit of work with ims down the gold coast. workshops are just out to rip you, haven't seen one that doesn't, or, the car falls apart on you in a matter of time, i've also built a few sr20det's and a couple of rb's to good avail, i'm also a qualified boiler maker, hence all the sick piping etc on my car/s
sikK11 WROTE:

"can you post a vid of the cams at idle how do they sound?<BR><BR><BR>

dunno how to do that? please explain. actually, i should be able to get it on my digital camera.. than i could probably email it to you?

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
holy **** me batman... That is crazy.. I want mine to rev to that LOL

Hey how hard is it to change to disk rear end on a LX. Is it worth it or can you get better pads for the drums.

easy changeover, just need the whole rear end, bolts straight up, just don't use the abs sensors. never looked into better shoes for the drums,... i hate drums, if i could find a cheap enough rear end, i'd put it on this car too. not really cause of the braking performance, if any noticeable difference, but purely cause the drums look pov-o and disc's are easier to maintain. :) i'll try and get a vid tomorow sometime of idling.. no promises thou, pretty busy all weekend :(

sikK11 WROTE:

"Do it LOL<BR><BR>Cool how much are the rear end if you can find them<BR>??????????

the last one i got was $100 from the wreckers, pretty sure mickeybbb got one pretty cheap to.. there's one floating on here somewhere, but was gonna cost me about $500, not worth it i reckon, there's been whole super-s shells sell on here for under 1k. wait around, something will come up.

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
yeah im pretty keen to see a bit more!! sounds like a weapon!! any pics or vids... you can post vids up on youtube and jjust link it to here.

also when you sprayed the car at the start i noticed you sprayed the mirrors and handles like the super s. did you have any problems with that?? i thought maybe because its plastic it might not work? ive heard that spraing the front bar all one colour (to get rid of the gross black bump strip) doesnt work because of the texture of the plastic surface.... what do you rekon cos im pretty keen for spraying some parts??

tris

oh and while im here any news on that muffler??cheers

yeh, should get to the muffler tomorow i hope. like i said,.. busy this weekend, got 8 cars here :(, yeh, painting isn't a problem, send it to the panel beater :) some stuff i paint myself, big stuff like that aint worth it, my guy does it for almost nothing, it'd cost me more to buy the paint for it to do it, let alone the time / lack of oven etc. if its done properly (prepped) it will look good, the black part in the front bar isn't a problem, i haven't done it because i'm gona get the super s one painted one day and fit it up, along with some other fibreglass bits i'm making at the moment.

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
oh k sweet, yeah no worries hah mmm i think im guna have to get friendly with some1 who has a spray booth and all the gear.... i didnt realise how ****ty the black parts looked untill a mate brought home a super s the other day and i had a closer look....

i think ive sorted myself out a cat back pipe too including cat so i hope itl all fit togetehr nice!!

thanks, tris

installed my new seats last weekend.. this boys and girls is how its done. genuine jdm evo 8 sr4 recaro's mounted on bride rails. now the seats are worth more then the car lol. but **** its worth every cent. feels like a car now. i love driving it 100 times more :D

Back