The local bargain game

GuyH08

Ex. Club Member
**STOLE FROM ANOTHER FORUM**

Looks like it could be fun :D

Right...

The scenario: You need to buy a car to get to work. Urgently. You've only got a grand and you're going to have to view and collect it by BUS yikes

Yep; times are hard

Here's how to play:

- Go to Autotrader
- click advanced search
- set maximum price to 'up to £1,000'
- set Distance to - within 10 miles

Then, from the results, choose and post the ONE 'local bargain' of your choice, i.e. the one you'd choose to get you to work each day.
(extra points for having cash left over for tax, insurance, fuel etc. coke and hookers!)

My Choise :

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...icleYearOfManufacture=1991&vehicleRegLetter=H

£1 to spare on a cheese burger from McDonalds :)

Oh yes baby, oh yes, and its a goddamn bargain!

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...icleYearOfManufacture=1989&vehicleRegLetter=G

And check out that description too, CLOTH upholstery! and the best bit? Oh yea it has WHEEL TRIMS! And god that body colour is gorgeous, its almost the same shade as my grandads hearing aid!

All joking aside though it actually looks really tidy for a car that age, and its got power steering and stuff too, im quite impressed at that, I almost wana call the guy up and buy it!
Oh and the most expensive car on my search list? A 1.0L micra passion R reg, with no mod cons at all, £995! Daylight robbery! And for the same price you could buy the fiat coupe 16v 2door, although that price doesnt factor in regular workshop visits!

Cor, I ain't got much around my way - a couple of old Rovers and a whacked out old Mistu Space Wagon!
Chose this one though - even though i don't like 'em!

That mini has been on auto trader at least 6months... when i first started looking for a car, distance is too far for me, was quite interested though, let me know what happens with it please..

Cheers Andy

will do... did you follow up at all? it says tax/mot, is it a runner??

I'll find out tomorrow I guess. I have a very nice 45k gold k10 I could sell. Perfect runner. Always wanted a mini :p

richj - No i never followed it up it was way too far for me to fetch, and was a bit apprehensive about the low price..
Not worth travelling to get there and find out it wasn't any good.

I know my laptop is shagging up! I checked again nd they came up different second time?!!

I was suprised on my search how many crappy rovers are available too, doesnt say much for british engineering!

Must be something majorly wrong if it has been up for 6months with no buyer. Will try to arrange a viewing none the less. Decided to put my k10 cg13 conversion up for sale. Absolute bargain for someone wanting the only cg13 k10 in the uk (to the best of my knowledge). All the hard work is done.

Im quite jealous of some of you guys, youve got a lot better choice of cars than what I had! (its what you get for living out in the sticks i suppose!)

Back