The good luck continues.

Am i going to get banned?

• Total voters
From what I understand you say there wasnt any signs warning about speed cameras, its my understanding that if they are not there, then they cannot fine you.

Also having a 30mph limit onto a motorway is pretty dangerous as you would be joining traffic doing 70. Near me on the motorway the have pretty extensive road works, lane changes onto the opposite carriageway etc and the limit there is 40. I think you will be ok.

I would have thought you'd be fine. I got chased down a dual carriageway by a police pursuit BMW when I strayed slightly from 70mph. They were hiding down a sliproad somewhere and I didn't see them at all. Of course; no excuse and I fully accept the £60 fine and 3 points. They were nice cops though and wouldn't stop going on about how nice my car was! (The Supe not the K10 sadly!)

Don't forget though, if worse comes to worse, if you contest it, ask for it to goto court. If you're still found guilty you will have court fees to pay, as well as solicitors fees.

I had a similar situation near Stockport on the motorway with road works.

I thought, that there was no signs there!! Went back the next morning (less than 12 hours) and there was loads of signs everywhere. I just wasn't paying attention, everybody I mentioned it to, said they'd been there for ages. Luckily nothing came through.

But, if you get away with it, think of it as a wake up call. You lose more than your license if you get banned, job, social, lots, it's something worth thinking about

i agree, but i know that all the other traffic was over the 30mph limit (not as much as me however)

total revenue earner if its a camera, there was no speed camera warning signs, 90% sure they was no 30mph signs on the actual motorway either.

Arnold said:
My mate has something in his car tho which warns him when he's approaching potential hazard spots and schools etc, very high pitch, loud and irritating!!

i bet its a women! :D

Gemma85 said:
or not lol think i read that wrong

Lol!! well im unsure now, but the irritating voice is a bloke too, its the high pitch noise that really gets on your nerves tho.

mine is a women she tells me to turn left when im already round a corner hence why its a peice of poo! note - dont buy a Garmin street pilot

Arnold said:
My mate has something in his car tho which warns him when he's approaching potential hazard spots and schools etc, very high pitch, loud and irritating!!

On the subject of these things, we were talking about them at college. Our lecturer was telling us he heard that a friends friend in Australia had a device that would transmit to the speed gun whatever speed you wanted it too.

He was in a 60 limit, so set it to 50. So he was travelling maybe around 80ish and was coming into a built up area with a 30 limit. He slowed down to 30, left the device on transmitting 50 and went passed a speed camera :p

James said:
Buy a TomTom ONE, or an upgrade for your PDA, no contest :cool:

Or upgrade your PDA if its anything like my one!!! bloody thing said i was driving across a field the other day. Ems is my witness!!

Arnold said:
Or upgrade your PDA if its anything like my one!!! bloody thing said i was driving across a field the other day. Ems is my witness!!

Lol, that was funny!!!! It stated u were driving sideway's at one point too!!!! :D

That's when the GPS position is unreliable, and it doesn't have enough satellites to give you an accurate position. Sometimes it actually says that on the PDA at the bottom.

A bit like this:
15.unrel.jpg

Well mine's been giving me grief for ages now but not sure why.

My new gps receiver arrived a minute ago, and i got a new battery for the PDA, so hopefully it'l work a bit better. If not, im gonna reinstall Windows etc on it and see if that sorts it out. Cant think what else it could be!

lol nice one ed, i dont quite follow that but is it saying something along the lines of: "by law you have to caution me, and if i do it again only then you can prosecute?"

No.. Basically by law you MUST reply with the drivers information, however also by law any information you give must be taken down under caution if its to be used against you. At the moment the NIP information is not taken with you under caution so under the present laws, it cannot be used against you in a court of law. If you are stopped by the police and then they caution you verbally this does not apply. It only applied if you recieve a NIP through the post. It looks like for now this loophole will work untill the end of the summer when it goes to the high court.

Ed

thats kinda intresting, does it also work if you (you being the person who got caught) are the registered driver of the car?

I can only let you know in time. I'm not a lawyer or anything! If he gets away with it it will be amusing for sure..

Ed

rlees85 said:
thanks for the replies.

They were NO signs at all of a speed camera, just the one 30mph sign before the round-a-bout that joins the m69.

And the car im worried abit was a 4x4 with a strange thing on its roof, it was fiarly big (this thing) and looked like a camera/anpr/something. i been running things through google to try and get an image but i cant find anything like it :/

According to my "drivers survival handbook", there needs to be two signs saying 30Mph, one the left and one on the right.

Demarest said:
According to my "drivers survival handbook", there needs to be two signs saying 30Mph, one the left and one on the right.
that mean that you will be able to fight!!! AND WIN HAHAHA!!!!

Guess What?

clever boy has DONE IT AGAIN!

going down a motorway ive been up and down on for YEARS and NEVER seen a mobile camera on it... there was another jeep thing (same as before) parked in a "police only layby".

again it had some sort of camera fitted onto it.

the picture explains what happened.

im not going to say how fast i was going becuase i cant be arsed with "oh its your own fault blah blah dickhead crap ########" i know all of that.

it was fast enough to get in a lot of trouble.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=12345

point of this post: even down your regular routes you swear by, speeding is still a risk...
infact if you dont want points or a ban, do not speed, ever, anywhere, by any amount, no matter what.

there is no record of this location on the mobile speed camera sites list for today, so im praying its ANPR.

if it is a camera, i hope the lorry and car infront sheilded me from it.

the picture doesnt make sense.

1.thers nothing in the left lane for the lorry to be in the middle one
2.and if you was speeding so much..why was you up somones arse? they must have been speeding too

just wait and see mate..no point thinking what could happen cos it mite never

im not sure what was in the slow lane hence the big "?" lol.

i was up the guys arse becuase he pulled infront of me to go around the lorry, and i was breaking to give him room (just as we were passing the camera - hence y i drew it at the point i was up his arse)... altho the guy infront of me was also speeding by alot, going only 5mph slower then me if that when he pulled in front.

he also started breaking hard when he seen the cam thing.

i dont think i was going fast enough to get banned tho if it is a cam, at least. unless they do me for tailgating aswell tho the guy jus pulled infront, which wont show up on their photos

Oh no, poor you. It's the familiar roads where you get complacent that get you. Do you have a radar detector? If not, I think it might be time to invest in one. :) Hopefully, you'll be ok.

rallybunny said:
Oh no, poor you. It's the familiar roads where you get complacent that get you. Do you have a radar detector? If not, I think it might be time to invest in one. :) Hopefully, you'll be ok.

probably a good idea :) the people on pepipoo seem to think it was an ANPR anyway.. hopefully they're right :)

I'm in the same boat as you are right now. I think I got done a week ago doing 35 in a 30 by a van at roadworks. I'm just waiting for that NIP to slide through my letter box.....

At the end of the day, the fact you were speeding is totally irrelavent. There is not one person on this forum that has never done 35 in a 30 zone, 45 in a 40 etc by mistake. The fact is that you may have been unlucky and got caught. Your not the only one pooing themselves about it anyway.....

In the event though, I think your off the hook this time. The thing that *I think* got me was a white transit type thingy with yellow/blue/green chevrons on the back (most of the camera vans I've seen in the midlands are).

As I can see your a regular user of pepipoo like me. Best thing I can say is keep checking there for advice so you have got all the facts just incase you do get an NIP. Good luck and try not to blame yourself (unless you were doing 110 in a 70 during the rush hour or something stupid like that).

gam1984 said:
Good luck and try not to blame yourself (unless you were doing 110 in a 70 during the rush hour or something stupid like that)

well the situation was unfortunatly more of one like "oh im on the motorway, i wonder if my cars fixed now" ... "oh its pulling quite nice" ... "hmm it aint bin this fast before..." .... "CRAP! was that a camera?!" so yeah i was being a total idiot!

good luck with yours tho, i doubt you will see anything for doing 35 in a 30. your speedo will mis-read by 10%, meaning you were probably only doing 32, and the speed trap will probably have been set at 35mph.. you will be fine :)

Well I've got to put my responsible road safety hat on and say it was a bit daft doing those kinds of speeds at a busy time of day, but I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that now.

I think your probably ok anyway, as I don't think it was a speed detector, but unless you stick to the speed limit 100% of the time, the speed camera issue is all about luck anyway.

Thanks for the advice about my situation too. Yeah, my speedo was reading about 37 and I realised it could be a bit out, so I'm assuming it was somewhere in the region of 35mph. Borderline as to whether they got me or not, but knowing my luck :rolleyes:

Will keep you informed if I get anything nasty through the post anyway. If so it will be a case of requesting camera calaberation data, photos, pace witness statement, the works. The fine doesn't bother me, just the points, so I'm willing to fight it at court if needs be.

A word of warning to everyone too: Keep your eyes peeled for camera vans in Warwickshire (where I *think* I just got done). I have it on good authority from someone who has a bit of knowledge about the police/legal system that they are a small police force who desperately need cash at the moment, and we all know what that means.....

here are the facts on speed cameras and speeding fines...

if you are caught by a speed camera and fined the fine must come through after no more than 28days...... after this period there is no comeback.... at all

i have had a way of getting arround this one.... if your fined, it will take them up to a week to send the fine to you, all you have to do is ask for the Photographic evidence of the so called speeding incident....wich will take them another two weeks......job done...its after 28 days.... and ive done it twice now.

the other one is..... if they are going to take speed readings of you, the cant possibly be accurate as they are pointing diagonaly towards the camera van...thus the speed is accelerated at the point of "passing" the van / camera..... i again have contested this...

also, refuse to go to magistrates court.......point blank....... just say you want it to go to Crown court and you will testify against the conviction on the grounds that the testing exuipment was not being used correctly....

again.... they wont do it. because they would be too scared of losing..... cos if they did everyone that had been fined by that sort of camera in the past is entitled to a full refund and compensation......:wow: :wow:

dont sweat it mate....theres a way arround it all

the only reason there are so many speeding fines is cos no one contests them.....if they did 90% of all contested cases get thrown out!!!

STAND UP FOR YOURSELF

hughes_16v said:
looks like a ban if they clocked you to be honest unless you have some good evidence, your leaking in the wind

dont actually remember saying how fast i was going........

thanks for all the info tho 'antony_aiken'

Back