The DIY turbo build thread - Page 3

CMF_Danvillan

» CMF Member
Painted the rear Super S spoiler and the bonnet vents.

Attachments

• 85073.jpg
    85073.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 32

CMF_Danvillan

» CMF Member
Had to modify the turbo compressor housing outlet so I could fit a silicon joiner on it. Just used some 44mm pipe cut at angles. Had to cut the T25 outlet flange off. Still practicing my aluminium welding little rough but it should do the trick.

Attachments

• 85074.jpg
    85074.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 40

CMF_Danvillan

» CMF Member
Had to modify the turbo compressor housing outlet so I could fit a silicon joiner on it. Just used some 44mm pipe cut at angles. Had to cut the T25 outlet flange off. Still practicing my aluminium welding little rough but it should do the trick.

Also gave it a clean with a wire wheel while I was at it.

CMF_Danvillan

» CMF Member
Not too long now just intercooler piping/boost controller/BOV, finish the wiring, oil/water lines to turbo, oil cooler and after turbo water cooler, finish off the exhaust.

Well now that I think of it still a little while off. I reckon September/October.

CMF_Danvillan

» CMF Member
Gave the intercooler a real light coat of matt black paint (on the front only) to increase the stealthness of the car. I didn't really like the in your face intercooler (just asking for trouble).

A bit of black mesh on the bar and grill. I'm much happier now that the Micra isn't screaming "LOOK AT ME I"M TURBOCHARGED"

Also fitted the bonnet vents with double sided tape and a bit of polyurethane

Attachments

• 85201.jpg
    85201.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 35
Back