The audacity!

B

Ben

Was looking out me bedroom window earlier and couldnt see the nephews rabbit anywhere and normally hes in the same spot. I just open the hutch door in the morning and let him roam about the garden as and when he does as its all fenced in so no foxes or anything.

however, i went to his hutch, not in the play bit so peeled the sleeping quarter door back and i was like hmmm theres something in there! Had another gander and it was only a bloody cat! clean out it was! Worst of it was it didnt even have the decency to leave. So i lifted the tp up then it darted off...

and then i seen it... loads of mangled fur and i was like oh my god the rabbit has been eaten by a cat! i checked all over and couldnt see any signs of a struggle,bones or blood so decided to check again. Eventually found him hiding behind the shed so that was a relief. Thought it was quite cheeky of the cat to just evict me rabbit from his hutch.

I was thinking before as well that at night time i just round the rabbit up and put him in his hutch not checking the sleeping quarters as you cant see in so in theory i might have been locking them in together.

question? do cats eat rabbits or kill them?

I think imo a rabbit would put up a sersiouly good fight against a cat, I've certaintly not heard of a cat getting a rabbit before, not to say its not possible of course..

ive heard of cats killing rabbits, but id expect dependant on size...infact a couple of crows looked like they were attempting to collect my sisters dwarf rabbit last summer, when it was left to roam the garden...not sure what would of happened if i hadnt of chased them off.

Our cats never cared when i was a kid. It was the foxes we used to have to watch out for. :)

we used to have a rabbit and it used to send our two cats off every time, they were scared of the rabbit lol

my rabbit is a tool. he's house trained so poops on his little kitty litter tray in the dining room (we dont eat there, expect at xmas. when the rabbit is evicted to my little sister's room) and does bad things with balloons until they burst and he jumps about ten miles into the air! andhe biffs anything that tries to hurt him

however, my guinea pig ate my other guinea pig.

rabbits are powerfull..

we once killed a cat....it got in the shed whilst we was cutting the grass,when we put the tools away obv never checked inside.
weeks later goes to open the shed and there was a dead cat and some fly's :D

cats are stupid pointless pets imo

Ian said:
however, my guinea pig ate my other guinea pig.

my uncles snake once ate his other one...he had to pull it out of its mouth.lucky it survived

RIK said:
cats are stupid pointless pets imo
:eek: you can't call this little thing pointless!

96889495_8459253c2d_o_d.jpg

Awww lol

James said:
:eek: you can't call this little thing pointless!

96889495_8459253c2d_o_d.jpg

Awww lol

lol...what about when it brings dead birds/fish/mice back to the house to eat

plus they only use you foor food when they dont get a good catch out of a neighbours pond full of koi karp

i there cute like but have no character, like my nephews rabbit - thing is i would be bored out of my skin just roaming around the back garden for days on end, in the winter a move his hutch into the shed and to think being kooked up in a daft hutch for months - proper boring as.

my rats are the coolest pets ever

my little lizard was amazing and my cocketeil could talk and do all kinds of tricks. but my sister killed it

Cats are great, they are independent curious and non tolerant of idiots! I find it quite disturbing that you seem to thinks its amusing that a cat starved to death in your shed rik. An unfortunate accident perhaps but something I could never smile or boast about. :glare:

our cat (back at my home as im in halls atm) is a whore. it walks round like it owns the place and when anyone gets near it, it'll go for em. tis quite amusing tho lol

Ed said:
Cats are great, they are independent curious and non tolerant of idiots! I find it quite disturbing that you seem to thinks its amusing that a cat starved to death in your shed rik. An unfortunate accident perhaps but something I could never smile or boast about. :glare:

agree its not funny that it died.....but it is that cat owners let ther pets run all over people property,and kill fish,and birds(other peoples pets!) and for it to get locked in a place where it shouldnt is funny that it payed the price :D

any cat owners dissagree...let my staffordshire run round your house and chace your cat .my dog stays on my property and is walked on a lead

we used to have boxer dogs, what a nightmare.....am currently looking to get bulldog like so suppose its just as mad

i think rabbit v cat will depend on the rabbit, my cat got his ass handed to him by 2 crows the other day. he got jumped in the back lane........ probably pay back for him eating one of their friends

Big_ben said:
we used to have boxer dogs, what a nightmare.....am currently looking to get bulldog like so suppose its just as mad

bulldogs are nice quiet dogs from what ive seen of them..my mate has a boxer OMG that thing is stupid
i could let it run round a football pitch and it would still manage to run into a post!

RIK said:
agree its not funny that it died.....but it is that cat owners let ther pets run all over people property,and kill fish,and birds(other peoples pets!) and for it to get locked in a place where it shouldnt is funny that it payed the price :D
LOL?!! Paid the price for what? Instincts born into the cat by nature? IMO you must be a bit sick in the head to honestly think it even had a price to pay. :eek:
any cat owners dissagree...let my staffordshire run round your house and chace your cat .my dog stays on my property and is walked on a lead
right?!!.. :suspect:

I dont think ill make any more replies to this thread! Since any kind of smugness with anything like this just winds me up!!

my uncle was once driving along, and he saw a cat running out onto the road, slammed on his brakes and assumed he had missed it. a few weeks later his car started to smell so he upped the bonnet and found mangled cat all over the engine bay :(

Ok i tihnk this kind of stuff should be kept to rotten.com or something not the MSC!!!!

I'm perfectly chilled out thanks, HONEST I AM REALLY REALLY CALM TODAY THANK YOU. grr hehehe

If anyone feels strange earth tremours this evening its probably me trying to file the huge amounts of paper work even a small company manages to somehow generate. Unreal honeslty think I already have half of the New Forest worth of paper around me... (continues to stuff it behind sofa)

infact ed your right..it is cat instincts to hunt,explore

its also human nature to hunt,gather (in the modern world,this is called robbery and steeling) does it make it right?

The difference there I think is humans know better as we have evolved beyond that, a cat's brain isn't nearly as complex and they rely on their instincts to survive still.

hahaha that was mine like, we had one which was qhite, died of a heart attack because apparently the white ones r notorious for it, thrn we got one from boxer aid which was a manic depressive then we had a pup which we got from our first one being used as a stud but it was a little #### and my mam gave it awaty

I actually DON'T believe it is human nature to do that. Humans know what is right or wrong not only by social conditioning, and have for many millions of years survived in numbers. Where by, they all work to support their group or settlement or whatever.
You cannot explain that to an animal for it to understand in the same context, only a few animals can even grasp that. (dogs for example can be trained to a certain extent) so again, thats not a valid comparison :)

james: alot of people in the world steel to survive around the world...it being right or wrong doesnt matter

ed: everything that humans do is human nature.

everything learns ,everything evolves..just some quicker than others

RIK said:
james: alot of people in the world steel to survive around the world...it being right or wrong doesnt matter

ed: everything that humans do is human nature.

everything learns ,everything evolves..just some quicker than others

Were getting into the physiology and sociology of humans now. Largely made up by theories and lots of things come into this to complicate it. Opinions and such. What exactly are our instincts, what would we be or how would we act if we were brought up without any contact from any other human influences (there are cases of where this has happened and they are very interesting). How much does our social upbringing actually alter our 'instincts' (social conditioning) and what fuels our actions of survival, greed, love or hate...

there was an experiment i read about when i was doing one of my assignments about identical twins that were seperated to see what percentage of our actions are based on genetic information and what percentage came from upbringing. was really interesting

I like stuff like this, Claire has done alot of stuff on this. Quite interesting stuff.

haha! She starts it this year (took another year out to do some job related stuff - works in a nursary!!)

Onto snow. Its snowing here. I just got james to stand outside and i filmed it for proof, in the last hour there is now 1/4 inch on the cars it was warm enough to cut the grass in t-shirts eariler. Madness..

Ed said:
Onto snow. Its snowing here. I just got james to stand outside and i filmed it for proof, .

hahaha.....i would hae belived you without doing that lmao

Awww, is bunny ok? Make sure he hasn't gone into shock, and keeps eating and pooping ok. I reckon most larger bunnies wouldn't be too frightened by a cat, unless the cat had crept up on the bunny and scared it.
My bunny, Evo, is brilliant, and certainly is not boring. Pain in the a**, but not boring. Video here http://www.pixparty.com/rallybunny/v_8313.asp if you're interested.

Well have i got stories to add to this thread!!

Story Number One:
Don't you feel sorry for those little rabbits, my rabbit is a tough old biatch lol. An example, I let my Jack Russel out into the garden once, by accident of course, when the rabbit was running loose round the garden. And I know he can hunt because I sent him into the garden once to get rid of the crows and he brought me a dead one back LOL I though "oh crap Jack Russels are Natural hunters" and "the rabbits going to die". BUT, what happened? My rabbit made this high pitched honking noise and chased my Jack Russel back into the house. He's terrified of her now lol

Story Number Two:
Just to confirm that cats do catch rabbits - I was at work the other week (A Nursery as Ed mentioned earlier) and I saw a cat walking across the wall in the playground. The 2 - 4 year olds love to watch the neighbours cats so I said "awww everyone, look at the cat" Then, to my horror, I discovered it had obviously been in the fields behind the building and was carrying a rabbit in its mouth! So I started shouting "no kids, don't look" trying to cover their eyes and then said "oh wow, look at the plane in the air" so they all looked up saying "I can't see the plane" but at least it gave enough time for the cat to pass. Imagine explaining that to them? Especially to their parents? Eeek!

~*Claire*~ said:
Story Number Two:
Just to confirm that cats do catch rabbits - I was at work the other week (A Nursery as Ed mentioned earlier) and I saw a cat walking across the wall in the playground. The 2 - 4 year olds love to watch the neighbours cats so I said "awww everyone, look at the cat" Then, to my horror, I discovered it had obviously been in the fields behind the building and was carrying a rabbit in its mouth! So I started shouting "no kids, don't look" trying to cover their eyes and then said "oh wow, look at the plane in the air" so they all looked up saying "I can't see the plane" but at least it gave enough time for the cat to pass. Imagine explaining that to them? Especially to their parents? Eeek!

hahaha

one of my cats caught, killed and half ate a rabbit. wasnt pretty clearing it up. i try and rescue as many animals that my cats catch and release them but its tough sometimes. its less of a problem now they are fairly old. its when there in there teens so to speak.

Back