The answer to my Idling problems

Baz

Ex. Club Member
Right I was on to someone today and he said Nissan's are renowned for the injector O ring leaking and the nissan paper gaskets also perish with high bosst applications so I came to the conclusion that the cars nearly 20years old so I've ordered 4 x fuel rail injector O ring, 4 x lower O rings(where the injector sit into the manifold), 4 x Upper injector insulators,TB gasket,inlet middle gasket and main Inlet manifold gasket so parts cost €120.01

Here's some nice Diagrams. . . .

Inletmanioldgaskets.jpg

InjectorORingsandseals.jpg

nice one mate! when you gonna share your collection of parts diagrams with us and take the headache out of ordering parts :D

Was thinkin the same Ed. I dont give a bollix ,sure when do you ever post on here only to disagree.Your business sense is terrible .

hey mate, i was thinking about this yesterday when driving along...

did your idle problems happen right about the same time you put in the bleed valve on your supercharger yellow line? cause if so then i guess thats officially a vacuum leak is it not? maybe a one way valve so it can only bleed pressure and not suck in air thru the small hole in it?

Barry, I have run 1.8+ bar on paper gaskets from the 80's and they are fine. Injector seals I agree with, paper gasket around throttle body would never fail without it being broken by manual separation.

The 'bleed' pipe of a bleed valve should always go to intake of the turbo as it is metered air. This way accurate readings will be taken.

Sounds to me that your idle issues are more likely to do with the wax stat on the inlet manifold or you just need to reset your idle RPM's

Barry, I have run 1.8+ bar on paper gaskets from the 80's and they are fine. Injector seals I agree with, paper gasket around throttle body would never fail without it being broken by manual separation.

The 'bleed' pipe of a bleed valve should always go to intake of the turbo as it is metered air. This way accurate readings will be taken.

Sounds to me that your idle issues are more likely to do with the wax stat on the inlet manifold or you just need to reset your idle RPM's

Ok Ed i agree wit you there. But i didnt like the blunt first post you made in this thread.while i hav the inlet out i may aswell do everything.yes i was thinkin that about the bleed valve smidge i must check it

Stripped the whole inlet manifold and was very suprised to find gasket 14033 from the diagram was leaky so there's a new one I agreed with Ed when he said there was no way they would be leaking but I'm glad I double checked .took and an hour to remove the old gasket completely.

Back