Fixing my old green ST. . .yes GREEN!!

Baz

Ex. Club Member
Fixing up my old 91 super turbo at the moment for a lad that bought it so its the second owner since I had, I used to own this about 3-4 years ago. . .:eek: its in bits at the moment but its do-able. . .doing a full engine rebuild

For the build I've ordered:
Head gasket
Head bolts
8 Shell bearings
Waterpump
Thermostat
Timing belt
Crankshaft Oil seals
Inlet and exhaust gaskets
Speedo cable Assembly

Got most of it striped 2saturdays ago so just had to drain oil from the engine and gearbox then take it all outbt:)

DSC00078.jpg

DSC00093-1.jpg

DSC00092-2.jpg

DSC00091-1.jpg

Got the engine out today here's a few pictures on the progressbt:)

DSC00105.jpg

DSC00106.jpg

DSC00107.jpg

Engine!
DSC00108.jpg

DSC00110.jpg

Gearbox
DSC00109.jpg

What engine?
DSC00111.jpg

DSC00112.jpg

Engine.jpg

Timingbelttensionreleased.jpg

Headboltremoval.jpg

Headboltremoval2.jpg

Block.jpg

CylinderHead.jpg

Cylinderhead2.jpg

HeadCleaned.jpg

Broken Oil feed pipe. . .oh thats why it dicided to eat a turbo!

Brokenturbooilfeed2.jpg

DSC00123.jpg

Head gasket actually in good condition

HeadgasketGood.jpg

Water temp sensor terminal snapped off!

BrokentempSensor.jpg

You should also glaze bust it and put in new rings, however then you will discover that nissan does not make rings for them any more....

You should also glaze bust it and put in new rings, however then you will discover that nissan does not make rings for them any more....

Yeah they are discontinuing quite alot of parts now. . .compression was good on the engine its the big end bearing that have gone due to low oil and probably needs a crank also

QUOTE=moddedmicra;269599]That's an awesome colour and some good progress there (Y) When do you expect to finish it?[/QUOTE]
hopefully the next month or so

Relax, no need to sound rude, I couldn't understand it either.

Did you buy that of a guy in blanch? Was goin to buy it! But alot of work needed! So i'm still loookin for one?! Was third gear gone? But At least your given the car another lease of life! :D

Did you buy that of a guy in blanch? Was goin to buy it! But alot of work needed! So i'm still loookin for one?! Was third gear gone? But At least your given the car another lease of life! :D

As I said I'm fixing it for someone,If you've a black one around blanch or castleknock its mine and it for sale for the right price clean standard are fetching 4500-5000 that green needs a fortune spent to get it right

As I said I'm fixing it for someone,If you've a black one around blanch or castleknock its mine and it for sale for the right price clean standard are fetching 4500-5000 that green needs a fortune spent to get it right

I'm definately intrested if your sellin the ST? ive seen it parked outside halfords a few times!ha :D:D

I'm definately intrested if your sellin the ST? ive seen it parked outside halfords a few times!ha :D:D

Probably the girlfriend driving it she used to work there,You myt be interested but how much would you offer me,the way it is now its 130+hp but I could put it back standard and let it go for 5grand

Back