Another slight problem

Baz

Ex. Club Member
Right I've reconditioned the inlet manifold,new gaskets,new injector o-ring and insulators etc.

Car idles perfect 100%,idles up when the lights,heater, rear window defog are on.but when the car up to temperature and the fan cuts its stalls!!!

Any idea's?

Yes, you need to set the idle up properly that's those screws on the manifold.

Yes, you need to set the idle up properly that's those screws on the manifold.

Ok
If your looking from the drivers side the screw on the right is idle speed,middle is Idle up speed and the left Idle mixture??

whats the fundamental cause though?

...not leaning out enough after warming?
similar to a choke not unwinding? (flooding or plug-fouling or something?)

Its not a fault!!!! Don't start measuring amps when you don't need to!

No but by your admission you have changed fuel pressure and fixed air leaks.

No but by your admission you have changed fuel pressure and fixed air leaks.

So this in turn has changed the settings ?I did have to turn the idle speed down slightly thought I had it pretty much bang on apart from when the fan engaged.The idle control on these cars really is a disgrace but at full chat they make up for it!

Idle is fine if its setup right. And yes of course changing those things would greatly affect idle.

Idle is fine if its setup right. And yes of course changing those things would greatly affect idle.

This car always had bad idle even standard,you said it youself when you were working on it

does the fan work okay once it kicks in? does it run fine with 12v to it? i know Ed said its probably not the cause but its also very easy to check and cross off the possibly list

Sorted the cutting out problem and everything idles up and down as it supposed to !!! It was cutting out due to fuel pressure set to high,I think,as thats the only thing I changed. . .

too much fuel pressure so running rich on idle?

fuel pressure was too high yes but it seemed to rise nearly half a bar when the fan cut in so obviously flooding itself.Got a new fuel pressure gauge today so it set to 3bar vacuum off

Back