the 2 tubes which run into the airbox

B

bal

so i have a universal cone which i have not fitted yet because while i was taking off my standard air box i noticed that there are 2 tubes that run into the air box.

the first is a thin tube connecting to the underside of the airbox and seems to have a direct hole straight into the "filtered" side of the airbox without any obstruction.

the second is a thick tube which is connected to the engine body (i think its called the breather hose. is it???) but this tube connects to the "unfiltered" side of the airbox but it appears to go in to a sponge of some sort

what is the purpose of these two pipes???
what will happen if i disconnect them both fit my cone and just leave them exposed to the engine air?????

thanks

put a small fillter on the breather pipe
and i "think" the other one gose down to the gearbox so it can just bocked

X%20filter.JPG

small breather filter on the rocker cover...or bung it with sponge...
leave to other out the way, tie it vertical to something close by...

on a k and n hose you can put the pipe into the filter on the underside of it (on the same part as where you attach it to the inlet) so i assume you could make a hole on the same side of your universal ne and jsut plug the hose into it

do either of the pipes need to be under a reduced pressure???

also im curious to the function of these two pipes if they can just be disconnected and put aside

neither pipe needs to blocked up or have a breather fitted just leave them exposed nowt will happen as neither pipe is sucking in air its actually releasing air

i just took mine off, my car aint on the road yet so dont matter just yet, i put a air filter on and took out the tubes, im puttin a small bonnet vent on (mebe a cossy or reno 19 turbo one) or a cold air feed pipe in, whats the breather do anyways?

Back