Airbox removal HELP

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Finally gotten round to fitting my induction,so of course i had to remove my current air box.

I managed to get the actual box off etc but came across 2 things,which i'm unsure of what to do cos i'm a real nOOb :(

1. Whats this circuled in RED? I take it i need to 'unplug' it to remove the airbox completely.

DSCF7708.jpg

2. Underneath the Airbox i found this cable connected to it,do i have to disconnect this aswell? Also #1 is circled aswell

DSCF7709.jpg

Thanks for the help

Red = breather hose, you need a small breather filter for this, that other little hose I think is a vacuum hose and needs blocking with a screw/ bolt

ah ok thanks,i'll get a breather at some point and will block it the other thing.

I'll leave both open for not until i can get it sorted.

Thanks

breather wont release too much oil so no major issue. Mine flew off on the way to JAE and this thread reminded me to buy another one!

ah ok thanks,i'll get a breather at some point and will block it the other thing.

I'll leave both open for not until i can get it sorted.

Thanks

the one on the cam cover, put a bit of old cloth round it and an elastic band, just so that crap doesn't get into it

the one where the breather goes?

Just been to my 2 local car places and neither of them have a breather that fits :( One place is getting an order coming in within the next 2-3 days so will pop down there again.

the one where the breather goes?

Just been to my 2 local car places and neither of them have a breather that fits :( One place is getting an order coming in within the next 2-3 days so will pop down there again.

yea the one on the cam cover, try halfords ;) they do nice ones :D

Back