thats the colour a tailpipe should be!

i was just questioning a previous claim that a tailpipe would be sooty even if the engine is running perfectly.
i beg to differ!

Pretty sure mine is sutty black, but after 11 years of no maintenance, what can i expect :'), doesn't smoke at all though! Sometimes perhaps its when i'm running custom induction!

dought they were runin choke out the back new?
and that would fail emissions,so near no soot is the standard we need to aim at

DSC00630.jpg

this 50 k miles tip is only rusted

exhaust even steams up the camera
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7gwXaso5N8

Bit of a bump, yes. But we do get told to search and i have so...

Can you explain this more? so if its sooty its bad?

runing rich,too much fuel i think?
sooty exhaust will lead to a soot cover rear boot area ,run your finger along the boot area see if its very dirty

ahaha. Nope. thats just a tip. But i cut the orginal exhaust top and opened it abit incase the tip i put on ever came loose. So it looks a bit ugly. :D It will be coming off this week anyway. :grinning:

pmsl. no unfortuanlty a bog stand 1.0 profile. :down: Ive just done it up like a blue si 1.3 lol. minus the engine, interior and si allys. :p but i have super s ones so its will look well. FU steelies:D

Yeah it has took some chew even downshifted from 45 to 2nd by mistake a year back haha. it bogged down. hissed. fired it back up after 5 mins and voila continued as it was lol. Awesome engine. even though its slow. :p haha

tail pipe

The color is just like a smoke. I customize my tail pipe a bit but unfortunately it was damaged and I need to replace it with a new one. I agree that putting a paint will help reduce the damage in the tail pipe.

Back