cam profiles

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
I think that a wild cam isn't going to give you much improvement over a moderate cam because the valve size is the limiting factor in a NA Micra. I've just changed from a wild 300 degree duration one to a 264 degree one and have seen an improvement in top and bottom end with no loss in the mid-range. Go figure.

Nissanmania WROTE:

"I think that a wild cam isn't going to give you much improvement over a moderate cam because the valve size is the limiting factor in a NA Micra. I've just changed from a wild 300 degree duration one to a 264 degree one and have seen an improvement in top and bottom end with no loss in the mid-range. Go figure.

what lift were both cams?

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
i have no idea bout what you guys on about LOL what is the best cam for a NA micra with a filter and exhaust for street and some race use. But mind you gets driven hard on the street. Can upgrade ecu if needed.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
sikK11

1.3 cams are well worth putting in a 1.0
if you,ve got a 1.3 then go for the ultimate regrind (but you have to put ground down shims under the buckets for them)
as for new cams, i have never tried any so can,t advise !

frank

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
oh ok cool thanks for that. The ultimate regrinds are they the piper ones. Do you need to put an aftermerket ECU in to run them or is it find without it, I wanna put the ga15 TB and Injectors in with the cam but not sure if it will be worth doing it. Also a light weight flywheel

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
sikK11

the piper cams are ok with a stock ecu, but i daresay a remap will would extract some more power
an a/f/r guage or multimeter wired to the lambda is useful to show whether the injectors are maxing out on high revs

frank

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
ok cheers mate i going to use the ga15 injectors and TB so not sure i will get it all done at High Tech Tuning in Darwin so it will be done on a dyno... Hopefully get some ponies. Who can remap the stock ECU

Back