Terrible seats in 160SR

A

Antsub

Has anyone had any trouble with the front seats creaking in a 160SR because it is realy driving me crazy have only done 4000 miles and nissan seem oblivious to the problem would it be worth contacting nissan directly and also squealing front disc's if so how can I contact them?

Front seats creaking? Have you checked the bolts are tight?

With the brakes - they'll driven in - if it keeps happening then go to Nissan

if it was me and my dealer said they couldnt hear any noises from the seats i would contact nissan customer services and tell them the problem. about ur brakes does it only happen when there cold or is it always there

is it the passenger one? cos its that stupid copartment underneath

nismo_k12 had this prob iirc

go to your dealers

It feels like the back rest on my drivers seat twists with movement, feels very odd.

Trouble is, nothing looks out of place, so trying to explain to a stealer monkey would be more trouble than it's worth....

my driver seat is creaky. Its needs modified bolts or sumit put into the subframe.....i dont actually know cant remember what they told me now. to me it sounds like a spring. goes off everytime i hit a bump.

Also check your seatbelt. Ive got another creak coming from there. Just keep tugging on it and pull the whole thing out. If you here a creak it needs oil.....but you have to take the plastic stuff of the side of the car to do it.....more hassle....

When i had my K12, the drivers seat creaked too. A bit of WD40 sprayed into the joints of the seatbelt plug sorted it out for a few months.

The biggest problems i had with the seats tho was the locking pins in the left hand rail of the drivers seat sometimes woudn't connect properly, which when breaking would suddenly connect, made me jump everytime. Anyways, when i got one of the nissan garages mechanics to look at it he said there was something wrong with it, but when i came back the staff in the show room blamed it on the way i moved the seats back and forward. Then then proceeded to show me how to work the seats correctly. That was one of the reasons i didn't buy the 160sr and got a mini cooper instead, bad service from the local arnold clark nissan.

Thanks Guys

I thought id take the car for a run today some motorway stuff and its definatley the twisting action that starts the seats off the only time it stops is when your doing speeds in three digits cant say exact speeds for certain reasons but oh does it go :) in terms of the braking it generally squeels from cold under light breaking I thought it may be brake dust ? I dont know and in terms of taking it further with Nissan how do I contact Nissan directly if anyone knows that would be great ..

Crapy seats

So it would seem that everyone that has replied to my thread has experienced similar problems ?
so how can Nissan say that there is no problem with there seats, even when I read the review of the 160 they said then that the seats wernt much kop and just put it down to them being fussy after having driven paggani zonda's and the like, Clarkson why didnt i listern to you please forgive me

to stop the brake squeel, you could try takeing the pads out and smearing a thin layer of copper grease on the back of the pad's.

Antsub said:
So it would seem that everyone that has replied to my thread has experienced similar problems ?

not with seats lol...ive had

window rattle (wen weather was god)
rear wiper stopped working,but started to work again now :D
clunk on rear subframe (had that twice and dont think its will do it agan no matter how i drive)
the rubber on drivers side window rubs and squeaks wen i put it up or down grr
tyres are too soft lol and my front ones are now slicks after 6.5k(could be my driving tho) lmao
exhaust ratles after 5k revs....but whos doesnt!

not much really

same probs

Im having the same problems in my car maybe I should have listerned to the other half and bought a cooper sounds like we have bought a duff motor where the only decent thing about it is the engine build quality is pants and cant see it lasting much more than 70K

I also have a squeaky drivers seat and the squeaky drivers window when moved up or down.I also have a rately/vibrating plastic panel that covers the rear drivers side speaker cant have the base more than 2 notches up or it drives you crazy with seat squeaking as well o_O

This Many Complaints!

Surely with this many complaints there must be something we can do about it who do we contact and how coz as far as im concerned if they dont do something about it they can have the bloody thing back for what im paying for it the car just isnt worth it the other half is saying if I carry on moaning about it without doing something about it she will ever leave me or she wants me to hand it back in and buy a decent car that has more comfort better build quality and is faster without having to rip the backside out of it mmmm what I wonder (the new civic type R although I heard there were talks of a double R with 255Bhp!!!

Antsub said:
Surely with this many complaints there must be something we can do about it who do we contact and how coz as far as im concerned if they dont do something about it they can have the bloody thing back for what im paying for it the car just isnt worth it the other half is saying if I carry on moaning about it without doing something about it she will ever leave me or she wants me to hand it back in and buy a decent car that has more comfort better build quality and is faster without having to rip the backside out of it mmmm what I wonder (the new civic type R although I heard there were talks of a double R with 255Bhp!!!

Either way its going to be nearly double the price of the Micra.

I have the squeeky passenger seat and brakes too o_O
I dont mind cos it can all be easily fixed with a little time over the weekend.:wasntme:
As for a new mini cooper I know a few peeps with them and there problems are much more expensive (like electrical:doh: ) so leave em well alone.

Yorkie

Yorkshireman said:
I have the squeeky passenger seat and brakes too o_O
I dont mind cos it can all be easily fixed with a little time over the weekend.:wasntme:
As for a new mini cooper I know a few peeps with them and there problems are much more expensive (like electrical:doh: ) so leave em well alone.

Yorkie

and the car is so expensive!! they ycome with NOTHING! as standard,evrything is an option

masterbiker said:
Thats nice, i try to help and you start taking the p out of my car! :down:

Aww mate sorry to hear about tou having a BMW woops I mean Mini.....LOL
do you have the same problems with regard to roof trim flying off down the motorway and the tailgate opening as you drive away leaving all your shoppin on the road? Never mind eh

Yorkie :grinning:

Just pullin your leg mate sowy:blush:

Na i aint had any problems with my bmw mini....knock wood...

Have you got a bigger pic of the induction kit you have in your micra as i want to see how close it is to the design i made when i had a K12.

Have got nissan guessing with 160SR ?

Took the car to back to nissan last week about the squeeling front brakes and creaking front seats,
the brakes they put down to a build up of brake dust of which they have sorted out but eh seats were a different matter the mechanics and the manager could definatley hear the creaking but there reply to me was that until they/nissan recieve more complaints on this matter there is nothing they can do about it if they recieve enough complaints nissan may issue a recall whereby they will either replace all the problematic seats or possibly redesign them in which case we may end up with proper bucket seats we can only hope, but the best bit about the day was the loan car a 1.0E K12 what a pig of a car great steering and brakes but it definatley needed another hairdryer under the bonnet I may aswell have cut a hole in the floor and run it fred flintstone style I was awful my advice to anyone thinking of buying a new micra stay well away from this one.

if your brakes are squealing really bad go to your local nissan dealer or where you brought the car from to get it fixed under warranty, if they say its not warranty ask to see if nissan will do a good will claim if your not happy with that or they say no ring up customer services say your not happy

as ive said before in other threads that silicone spray grease will stop them from creaking

So far only the front passenger seat on ours has squeaked and only with someone in it.
Wiggling the seat back seemed to show the squeak coming from the tilt mechanism components/hinge on the righthand side of the seat ( offside, nearest centre).
I used 3 in 1 oil with PTFE spray, as I don't like using silicone sprays inside near trim, just on those bits.
So far, squeak gone.
Remember, with true bucket seats with contoured and slim backrests it is hard or impossible to fit side airbags,
Btw, I've also tied down the under seat tray by cutting slots in it and using releasable cable ties round the seatframe bars.

RedMilly said:
So far only the front passenger seat on ours has squeaked and only with someone in it.
Wiggling the seat back seemed to show the squeak coming from the tilt mechanism components/hinge on the righthand side of the seat ( offside, nearest centre).
I used 3 in 1 oil with PTFE spray, as I don't like using silicone sprays inside near trim, just on those bits.
So far, squeak gone.
Remember, with true bucket seats with contoured and slim backrests it is hard or impossible to fit side airbags,
Btw, I've also tied down the under seat tray by cutting slots in it and using releasable cable ties round the seatframe bars.

i have bucket seats fitted and its impossible to fit side airbags now because they come out of the seats.

the noise you had i would imagine it is the belt clip (thats why it only happens when somone is in it) mine does it as i ave a rcliner seat in passenger side so i still have standard belt

Antsub said:
Has anyone had any trouble with the front seats creaking in a 160SR because it is realy driving me crazy

Try it without attaching seat belt. If it's gone, spray some grease around the bolt where the seat belt holder (release device) is attached at the bottom of the seat or seat rail. There is a spring around he bolt making noise in my K12.

Dr Zoidberg, did you get your windows fixed? I took mine to Arnold Clark Nissan where i bought it, and ther said nissan are looking into it and they would call me if they recall them. :(

Back