160sr - Service reminder, Problems! TIRES!

P

priceyclause

lo, been a member since august last year but could remember username or password!

I had my car in for a service at Vardy's the other day and they forgot to reset the service reminder. I rang them and they said call in and they'd fix it for me. As of yet I haven't had time to call in. I asked Fleet (in personel in nmuk) if i could book my car in just to get that reset but i was basically told to f off.

Ive searched previous posts for service reminders but aint found anything yet for 160sr. If anyone has the key presses could you please get in touch - cheers!

ALSO, anyone else had problems with tires wearing down? Ive done 8500k and both front tires are bald! The seats squeek, the windows make a horrible noise when opening, theres squeeking from the wheels when im driving slow.... basically its not a very good car! anyone else had problems? I heard about a "clunking" noise from the rear subframe but have heard anything as of yet!

AND! When i was getting the car serviced at vardys in the other day they said that i needed the tracking checked. They quoted me £50 just to have it checked. I took it to peacock tires (just off hylton road, sunderland) they checked it for free and said it was fine. The tires are running low on tread so im looking for new ones. The cheapest I can find them is at peacocks for £73 (Vardy's quoted me £105) per tyre. Anyone found anything cheaper?

seats just need lubricating with wd40

are the tires bald across the tire or just on the egde/s?

the k12's dont have a rear subframe as its a beam axle, the subframe is on the front

the instructions on how to reset the light is in the back of the owners manual in the maintance bit

My 160sr has just had it's 18k service and the tyres only just need doing...

you must have been ragging your car senseless to only get 8k from the front tyres!!

yeah mine's at 10k plus and i've noticed the edges of the front tires looking a little thinner - the ribbing is slightly balder... my tracking is fine too. the stock tyres must be relatively poor. i've also noticed that this is the stock wheel for the renault laguna in mainland europe.

the stock tyres are good for performance but that why they wear down quickly.

the toyos i got off ED are wearing better though

Been meaning to ask, what's the deal with buying your own tyres? Can you just go into a tyre place and ask them to fit them, what sort of prices do they charge just for fitting?

do you mean for warranty issues?....tyres exhaust ect arent coverd on warranty so your fine to put what you want on

Nothing to do with warranty, I mean because tyres in 185/50/16 are so expensive. If I bought a set of Toyo's from Ed, could I just take 'em to a fitter to be fitted?

hello, i havent really ragged it at all.... Ive spoke to a couple of the lads from work who have K12 micras and they've had similar problems around the outside edges of their front tires.

My car has only done 4000 miles and i have already had to switch the front and rear wheels around. :(
It was a ex-demo car though.....hmmmm.
Continentals are supposed to be soft tyres, but il be getting a set of Toyos when the time comes.

Because the 185/50/16 are so expensive could you not just fit the slightly wider size up from that, which is more common?

i just put 8k miles on my car and thats me just changed the wheels cos my tyres where bald, but then i do drive like an idiot :grinning:

Back