Temporary car insurance

Has any ever used a company that offers temp insurance? And if so how was the service?

It's just I need to insure the mazda for its mot next week and I don't see the point in getting a years ticket on it when I'm not going to be using it, so if anyone has any dealings with any companies or any recommendations

Most companies you're already insured with will do temp cover. I got cover for another vehicle for a week for around £37 :)

I used a TempCover for 1 week when i collected my March from Frank, it was a bit expensive, but covered other countries too...

I got elephant.co.uk to cover my k11 that's for sale for almost a full month (third party) for £47. They can do weekly cover too. I should probably add that my main car (also a K11) is insured with elephant as well; don't know if that made a difference. Haven't had any issues with them at all. Give them a call, you never know. Good luck mate :)

Used RAC to give me 48 hrs cover on a Rover 220 gti that i collected !! No issues did it all on line and cost around £45 (Y) Better than getting pulled by the plod :blush:

I've used tempcover several times to collect various cars, no problems at all, all documents sent via email which you can print off if need be.

Better than getting pulled by the plod :blush:

That's why I'm looking for temp cover, I have a feeling I've pushed my luck as far as driving uninsured (only done it twice both times taking car for mot about half mile away, and yes I know whether it's half mile or a thousand miles uninsured is uninsured)

Back