Insurance

Hey all,

Nearly insurance renewal time. :( Does anyone know of any insurance companies that allow you to list mods online. So far I've seen that the Admiral group do (Admiral, Bell Direct, Diamond) and Adrian Flux. Any others you can thing of? If I'm keeping the car, I want to make sure all mods are declared.

Cheers,
Laura

hi laura, the insurance company i am with dont worry about "cosmetic modifications". ive emailed them and they said that any "external / cosmetic modifications (bodykits, alloys etc)" wont increase your premium price :)

however any "performance modifications (induction kit)" u will have to tell them and that will increase ur premium :-(

i dont know what u have on ur car so i hope this helps?

another website that "searches through loads of insurance companys and collects quotes" is:
http://www.confused.com/pages/index.jsp?MediaCode=100

u can also declare mods on here

Napster

thats the same with my insurance. they wont put the premiums up for cosmetic mods and they will let you have 3 performance mods before the insurance goes up...

so i have induction kit, back box, and non standard headlights !?

anyway they seem happy and i'd be too if it wasn't £2500!!!! should go down soon though

nex ur paying "£2500"!!!

if u r thats crazy money!?
no way whos that with if u dont mind me asking?
wot engine is ur car?

napster

Mods I have are: alloys, zorst, K&N, springs and bucket seats. The insurance companies I mentioned have a load of boxes you can tick for each individual mod, is confused the same? Never though of trying them.

I'm too lazy to ring round......

confused is the same. u fill out one form, at the point where it asks for ur car details, declar the mods, then when uve finsihed ur form, it will search through about 15 insurance companies will show you the prices that they have quoted

im with "quinn direct" they are actualy very good and i was even more impressed when i found out i could fit a body kit and get better alloys and not have to pay anymore on my insurance lol :)

Back