temp gauge up full

Anto Modded

Ex. Club Member
every so often when i start the car and drive for a hour or so the temp gauge will be up full.............well beyond the red. is ut a simple problem people. its very annoying

1. check thermostat is working fully!

2. check radiator for cloged mud e.t.c on the fins

3. give the car a water system flush

dont drive so aggresvily,lol.

All of the above!
Also check that the fan is working as it should. Mine packed in one day in major traffice in Aberdeen, had to get to the side of the road and then wired it to the lights! Now runs off of a switch

Titch

i will check all of those. this happens from cold and if you turn the ignition on and off a few times it works normal again

Check the earth to the dash, the fuel gauge on mine did this when I had replaced it with a plug unplugged

Its clearly just an electrical issue as if it really was hot enough to go beyond the red it would likely seize solid or pop the head gasket. Delve your hand down behind the distributor there is a single spade terminal with an orange wire, this is what feeds the gauge, it might well be loose or poor contact.

Its clearly just an electrical issue as if it really was hot enough to go beyond the red it would likely seize solid or pop the head gasket. Delve your hand down behind the distributor there is a single spade terminal with an orange wire, this is what feeds the gauge, it might well be loose or poor contact.

Will do. Thanks

Back