Erratic Temperature Gauge

Hi looking possible solution or maybe someone has experienced the same problem. Been searching forum and I'm none the wiser lol, what I have done so far is change the thermostat, temp sensor and gauge sensor. The fan will come on when I disconnect the temp sensor, so the fan is working. The gauge would bounce slightly and then shoot into the red - fan never turns on, if I turn the heater on the gauge will slightly fall and the only way to get it to return to below halfway is to tap the side off the dash. The car never overheats so I'm guessing a problem is with the gauge, the car is a Super S and was wondering also is it possible to use a gauge from a non rev counter preface, thanks in advance

It's a short on the back of the cluster. Change the cluster it will work again.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hmmmm. Tapping the side of the clocks is a bit of a giveaway.

If the rest of the clocks work fine, you might get away with swapping just the gauge if the prefacelift ones are the same module.

I'd be tempted to get the clocks in bits and inspect the gauge connections and the tracks from the plug.

Chris.

Thanks guys, I have replaced the connector for the gauge sensor and I'll take the clocks apart and have a peek. I'm sure someone might have a spare set lying around

Back