temp gauge

R

RIK

my k12 (160sr) dont have a temp gauge,dunno if the other models have them cos i have never been in one,so my questions are,,

1.do other k12's have temp gauge's? and if they do could i fit one to my car?
2.if i buy an after market one,how difficult on a scale of 1-10 are they to fit?
3.how much are they and whats the best one to buy?

all i have is a blue light that is on wen its cold,and a red one that will come on wen its too hot,,i like to keep my eye on the temp wen i drive and i dont like it without one :(

you may be able to get one working using the existing sensor wires...

is it worth the risk tho... i no i'd do it, but would be scared...

i know what you mean tho, i like to see everything aswell... control freaks hey...

wen i sed it turns red wen its too hot,i didnt meen that mine does,lol

i just want to know/see the actual gauge instead of too cold to rag it and too hot the engines dead!

im sure someone knows how to wire one up!

I assume you want an oil temperature gauge.
You'll need to have the gauge sensors plugged into the oil sump or use a sandwich plate which goes between the oil filter and block and plug the sensor into that.
Once you have one fitted you'll then realise that it would take at least 20mins for the oil to get up to working temperature for you to rag around.

Trung said:
I assume you want an oil temperature gauge.
You'll need to have the gauge sensors plugged into the oil sump or use a sandwich plate which goes between the oil filter and block and plug the sensor into that.
Once you have one fitted you'll then realise that it would take at least 20mins for the oil to get up to working temperature for you to rag around.

why oil? i thought having a water gauge would be just as good

You didn't state which temperature gauge you wanted!
Having an oil temperature gauge is just as important. It's what it LUBRICATES your engine!

Trung said:
You didn't state which temperature gauge you wanted!
Having an oil temperature gauge is just as important. It's what it LUBRICATES your engine!

yeah i know,,but thought it would be fine just to have the water one,or just the oil one,,instead of both

so i went for the water one,,why do you think its better to have oil temp rather than oil?

oil pressure is more important than both if were talking about guage importance....but were talking about a standard micra that gets some stick ont a race preped car here.. so a water temp guage is a good veiw as to when your car is warm enough to take some stick and will show you when you start geting temp up to levels you shouldnt giving you plenty of warning..

Raceworx said:
oil pressure is more important than both if were talking about guage importance....but were talking about a standard micra that gets some stick ont a race preped car here.. so a water temp guage is a good veiw as to when your car is warm enough to take some stick and will show you when you start geting temp up to levels you shouldnt giving you plenty of warning..

and thats exactly wot im after :)

Back