dicky temp gauge

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
yo!

i recently got a super s dash cluster, and although having a tacho and grean dials is awesome, the temp gauge is screwing around.

When i start up cold needle is at the bottom then it rises to all the way hot in a short period. after some driving (around 15mins) it comes back down to the middle and chills there. Any idea as to why its doing this?

When it chages from all hot to the middle it does so very quickly, less then 1/2 second or so if that means anything?

Stock slx cluster's temp gauge worked fine so not the sender...

Cheers for any help,
Joel

CMF_littlebear

» CMF Member
Give this a go; when it is playing up give the gauge cluster screen a few sharp taps with your fingers and see if the needle fluctuates. If it does it could be a problem with one of the 4 pins in the back of the gauge itself not seating in the plug on the ribbon properly.

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
dam still dicky, so ive swaped the old one back in for now so i know what temp im at. i think ill try open up the super s cluster and see whats what in there, and fingers crossed find something obviously broken!

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
haza, fixed! no idea what was wrong, pulled the cluster apart until i could see all its inerworkings and stare at them for a while... then put it back together and it works! maybe something was lose or dirty but meh... all i ask for is results :D

Back