TB (Throttle Bodies)

L

lippylloyd77

Hi all.
A ny one know of any tbs for a sr20 going any where. Also has any body had any on a sr20 and what sort of power do you gain.Would it b betta on a manegment tb so it could b mapped.
Any hlep is considerd.
Thanks for lookin.

POWER IS NOTHING WITHOUT CONTROL. BUT CONTROL IS NOTHING WITHOUT POWER.

yes there are 2 companies i know that do TB's for the SR20 but depending non what SR20 it is there could be a nice cheap way of doing it....

Raceworx said:
yes there are 2 companies i know that do TB's for the SR20 but depending non what SR20 it is there could be a nice cheap way of doing it....

Thanks to u all for replyin.
So what are the cheap way of doing it. What sort of price are we talkin.

I would put it in with the gen inj systembut its a tight fit would have to mod the bulk head which i dont wont to do, its all to do with the pos of the engine, iv put it as far back as poss so i can have the shafts in a stright line and weight in right place. Lot of work going into this to make it work well.

THANKS. LIPPY.

right il give you all lessopn 101 off the SR20DE/T there are many versions of the SR20 engine:-

The first head is the high port non roller rocker engine as found in the earlyer SR20 powerd vehcles these have semi solid lifters

The second head is the roller rocker as found in the later engined SR20 cars these have roller rocker lifters and a different inlet..

The third head is the RN14SR20 head found in the pulsar GTiR this has quad TB's solid mechanicl lifters and is one of the strongest..

then there are the blocks they are all esentially the same apart from the RNN14 one which has diferent GBox mountings.. the Turbo motors also have extra oil senders and returns tapped into the block..

then there are the newer SR20DET's that have variable valve timing adjustment on the exhaust cam.

there are alot more dfferences in the SR20 range but om not going into it all you need to know is that the RNN14SR20 is quite alot different to the other SR20's and that the RWD and FWD SR20s have differences and also there are evolutions of each engine

Daves engine started as an SR20DE in the almera and was extencivly modified it has now been fitted with a turbo thus making it an SR20DE-T There are no FWD factor DET'S apart from the RNN14DET thats is in the pulsar..

lippylloyd77 said:
Thanks to u all for replyin.
So what are the cheap way of doing it. What sort of price are we talkin.

I would put it in with the gen inj systembut its a tight fit would have to mod the bulk head which i dont wont to do, its all to do with the pos of the engine, iv put it as far back as poss so i can have the shafts in a stright line and weight in right place. Lot of work going into this to make it work well.

THANKS. LIPPY.

What engine is yours mate if its a high pot you can use the cheaper option of an RNN14SR20DET Quad throttle bodie inlet manifold.. but as with the other TB options you will need to run a full Replacment ECU as the TB's remove the AFM...

the other setup for the high port is made by lumenition ill send you the link for the low port set when i can find it lol.... it always recomend using the EMERALD standalone ECU.. as i know they are excelent for the money and the guy who builds them has been in the business since before most of us were born.

i ment from rear wheel drive to front wheel drive, thought he used the 200sx lump. oops

Engine is out of a k reg primera red top if that makes any diff.RACEWORCX have you done this transplant ur self, would be good to speack to some one who has. Just a few Q.
Thanks that would be a great help.

Back