Tapping into sidelights?!?? :s

caphj7

Buy & Sell Member
hi, i have just fitted my rev counter on my k10, with the red to positive battery and the black to the negative battery and the green wire to the coil, its works perfectly aswell!! i just needed to know about the wire that goes into the sidelights because this is still disconnected and i want it to come on with my sidelights. i have looked under the steering wheel and there is millions of wires all tied together.!! where have other people wire the tacho lights to? any easier places? thanks adam

Behind the heater controls is a light which comes on with the sidelights/headlights etc, to illuminate the heater controls. You can use this. Or, remove the surrounds behind the steering wheel and follow the wires back from the indicator stalk, you'l have to use a multimeter to test which ones send current when the lights are switched on

I myself would tap the positive and lights into an ignition wire so it comes on with the engine and so does the lights. I used the earth and positive on the back of the cigarete lighter perfect and fused!

Back