Accelerator tapping

Hey,
I was wondering if anyone has experienced this issue and wondering what I should do about it.
I have a 21 plate Nissan Micra N Sport - 6000 miles. Brough October last year shortly after passing my test.
On 7/1 I had a tyre replaced as a piece of metal had cut through to the cord. 8/1 drove fine. 9/1 the issue started

Issue:
Forgive me as I find this hard to explain but it is like I can feel a tapping from the Accelerator onto my foot. It is tapping and feels very strange when driving. I have narrowed it down to after when I change gear.
I do not feel this in clutch or break. I can still gain speed and break without issues. It is just really weird and annoying feeling it when it hasn't been there since the beginning.
There is nothing in the footwell or near the pedal. My shoe is fine. This does not happened with every journey I've had since but most of them. I doubt my driving style has changed or way I drive.

Has anyone experienced this or any advice for what I should do? My husband thinks its fine as I can drive but I don't want to do more damage to it. I'd rather get it sorted so do I just take it to a garage?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Does it feel like its coming from the pedal itself or is it something that could be happening in the engine bay and transmitting through the pedal? although i would of thought if that was the case you would feel it in the other pedals. Cant say ive expierenced anything similar but mine is a diesel.

Might be worth a trip to the garage to get it checked if you cant see anything obvious just to make sure everything is in good order. I cant see been related to the tyre been replaced unless they damaged a tpms sensor but then i would of thought it would just be a noise you could hear from that wheel and probably have the tpms light on the dash.

Back