Tapping into open door light

Hi all,

Does anyone have an idea where would be best to tap into the door open signal that is produced for the interior light?

I'm trying to install blue neon foot lighting that I'd like to work like the interior light, as in turn on when the door is open, etc.

I've seen this done on a K12 on YouTube, but not a K11. Does anyone know if I can tap into this connection, somewhere convenient like the footwell, and if it provides 12v?

Hi all,

Does anyone have an idea where would be best to tap into the door open signal that is produced for the interior light?

I'm trying to install blue neon foot lighting that I'd like to work like the interior light, as in turn on when the door is open, etc.

I've seen this done on a K12 on YouTube, but not a K11. Does anyone know if I can tap into this connection, somewhere convenient like the footwell, and if it provides 12v?
If you go into the door post via the plastic kick panel in the front foot well you should find the door open switch wiring easily enough, use a circuit tester to get the live feed and patch in with a blue plastic press lock electrical connector. You can earth the circuit somewhere handy.don't forget to get photos up of the job done

Do you have any idea what colour the wires will be?

Oh and what would be the best way of wiring it? I want it to fade in and out like the light on the roof.

Back