taking head off k11

I never done it before and the thought of the timing chain is on my mind

.......................................is it a real hassel?

i need to essentual port and polishing etc etc !

k-rusader

its pretty straight forward, but there are no timing marks, as such.
there are 2 chains, and the upper chain can,t fall down the casing

I thought that there were two silver links to aid in rebuilding the chains?

You also need quite a large Torx bit (55 IIRC) to undo the head bolts if you do not have on already...

Craig

Head bolts are standard 10mm hex studs.

There are timing marks on the chains and pulleys. The top chain is marked with 3 coloured links. 1 gold and 2 silver. The gold link should lign up with the idler pulley mark, (timing marks are small round indentations on the pulley faces). At the same time the two silver links will lign up with the corresponding indentations on the cam pulley wheels, when correctly alligned.

This should be set up so that these align when the crank is at TDC, (2nd mark from the left)......it doesn't matter where the bottom coloured chain link is as long as the engine is on TDC and the top section aligns. It can take quite a few turns of the engine to line everything up but it's worth doing the job properly.

As a note, when standing facing the crank pulley, (drivers side wing), the cam lobes will be pointing away from each other and the inlet cam & exhaust cam pegs should be at approximately 10pm and 12pm respectively when the crank is at TDC and when viewed as stated above.

There is a printable copy of a Nissan service manual for engine timing lurking around.....possibly on the AUS forums. So that's worth a look.

cheers guys.......!?
As i thought a real head edited ....damit i really need to do essential headwork
but it aint urgent..:down:

so there are no marking on cam pulleys lining up with frames then?
idiots@nissan engine design dept then?

hope this helps you m8 from autodata cd

micra.jpg

cheers guys.......!?
As i thought a real head edited ....damit i really need to do essential headwork
but it aint urgent..:down:

so there are no marking on cam pulleys lining up with frames then?
idiots@nissan engine design dept then?

The chains on the cg's are a work of art incomparison to most cars. Real simple and easy to remove and refit.

I like the fact that the sprocket that links the lower chain to the upper chain has holes so you can wedge something in it, thus allowing you to undo the bots, very nice...

i think the different coloured links can only be used on initial build. to be on the safe side, i'd put my own paint marks on. different colours on eack sprocket if possible. then you'll be fine.

Back