Tacho..

nathan.warren69

Ex. Club Member
Hi Guys,
Im looking at installing an after market tacho, i just wondered if anyone had any pics of where theres are mounted and any recomended makes :)

Thanks in advance :)

Most have them in the center of the dash in that holder place, have you chose the tacho your getting as im thinking of getting one to keep an eye on things.

Ahh okay ill bare that in mind, Urm thats exactly the one i have ordered however mine has a black face, so mounting options? im debating weather to get a pod to mount it in, but i dont really know, im open for suggestions :) Was yours easy to wire up?

Ahh okay ill bare that in mind, Urm thats exactly the one i have ordered however mine has a black face, so mounting options? im debating weather to get a pod to mount it in, but i dont really know, im open for suggestions :) Was yours easy to wire up?

Yeah mine had the wiring already fitted behind the clocks, so I just ran it round and mounted it into the grille bit. You could always get one of those little pods and mount it right in front of your instrument panel, cover up a bit of the clock or whatever it is that's in place of the tach.

right okay, i dont spose you have any pictures or know exactly where all the wires connected to? i was thinking of getting a small pod and having it to the left of the cluster housing like on the center of the dash or to the right and have it mounted on the outside of the instrument dome at the bottom.. im prefuring the second option..

Yeah mine had the wiring already fitted behind the clocks, so I just ran it round and mounted it into the grille bit. You could always get one of those little pods and mount it right in front of your instrument panel, cover up a bit of the clock or whatever it is that's in place of the tach.

Where abouts was the wiring for the tacho hidden? Was it just wires or did it have a plug on it? Any pics etc?

RevCounter.jpg

Ordered my Tacho this is the one ill be getting, should hopfully arrive friday or saturday to that i can fit it :)

naa amazon for the holder and fair enough, it arrived today, not bad seen as i ordered it late Tuesday night. im looking to try and fit this on Saturday :)

Well the tacho is now fitted and working just fine :) i took the signal from one of the wires out the back of the instrument cluster and i took the power from the cigerete lighter plug as this comes on with the ignition, i have mounted it to the right hand side of the steering wheel, ill put a pic up later :)

Well the tacho is now fitted and working just fine :) i took the signal from one of the wires out the back of the instrument cluster and i took the power from the cigerete lighter plug as this comes on with the ignition, i have mounted it to the right hand side of the steering wheel, ill put a pic up later :)

Waiting for pic :D

Haha, thanks bud, took lost of sticking places it to places with bluetack before we picked there, I Let the girlfriend pick, thought it would be safer :p

nice place for the tacho mate, I was considering a pillar pod mount for my boost gauge but where you have yours placed is a contender :D currently mines is taped on with insulation tap infront of the speedo which covers up the mileage display till i figure out where to mount it.

i got one out of a fiat seicento sporting today to try :D

I tried one of them a while back, couldn't get it to work properly, they're 3 cylinders arn't they(?) so the signal from our 4 cylinder confuses it. Would be interesting if you could get it work though.

Well mine wasent actually that hard once i got it in, it just took ages to find the right wire, then when i did i could have kicked my self..

on my car it was a light blue wire with a black stripe and it was on the plug that goes into the back of the instrument cluster, i have actually ordered a new rev counter as the current one was rather cheap and there for isnt acurate, its out by about 600rpm but ill install the new one tommorow if it comes and let you know if its better :)

Back