Tacho prob

funky2nite

Ex. Club Member
Anyone got a clue why me tacho does flicks around as seen in vid?
also whenever I press the clutch after a gear as seen at the end bit of the video the rev shows like a racing clutch should..lool

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Qoaiqyqeq00" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I've re-connected the blue wire at the the dizzy and sealed it back again cos thought prob was caused from that end..but still..

thanks guys..
Ian - Malta

Anyone got a clue why me tacho does flicks around as seen in vid?
also whenever I press the clutch after a gear as seen at the end bit of the video the rev shows like a racing clutch should..lool

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Qoaiqyqeq00" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I've re-connected the blue wire at the the dizzy and sealed it back again cos thought prob was caused from that end..but still..

thanks guys..
Ian - Malta

Got the same problem im trying to get to the bottom of mate!

201120122389c.jpg

Do you think it could be so mate? interference..? it's not been touched...but naturally it's been prone to vibration lots of it... I know the pic isn't clear but you might get an idea of how the wire's running just beneath everything alone with the pipes..

Ohhhh now I remember.....I think it all started upon fitting a new dizzy with the inside 'needle' too..... does it make any sense? it had to be you to remind me.. loll :rolleyes:

didn't work for me tweaking with the wire. in fact considering this has not moved since install as it's been cable-tied up.

but still thanks for helping

Ohhhh now I remember.....I think it all started upon fitting a new dizzy with the inside 'needle' too..... does it make any sense? it had to be you to remind me.. loll :rolleyes:

Hi Mate,

Just to let you know i swopped my distributor for a spare & the cars running better than ever, smooth acceleration & no waving Tacho needle :)

Might be best to fit a known working one from a scrapper

Hi Mate,

Just to let you know i swopped my distributor for a spare & the cars running better than ever, smooth acceleration & no waving Tacho needle :)

Might be best to fit a known working one from a scrapper
Cheers mate for sharing this, Then I presume that I'd have to switch to the old dizzy cap though I'd have to check the pins inside how much's wear left of them.

Back