sydney micra tuner

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
ive been reading and cisco says that when you install extractors its essential to get the car tuned and will only acheieve full potential if the fuel pressure is increased.

can anybody suggest to me a good/reliable person to tune my car for me... i need to get the fuel regulator thing kinked to increase fuel pressure so i realy want it done propperly...

any1 got it done before in sydney?? and can vouch for a certain mechanic/tuning company??

thanks guys,
tris

tris WROTE:

" i need to get the fuel regulator thing kinked to increase fuel pressure so i realy want it done propperly

rofl, you want something dodgy done, but you want a good workshop to do it? bahahaha, anyone that has a good reputation to there name is not gonna kink your fuel thingo majigo for you, get an adjustable fuel reg, don't be a tight ass. you saved money elsewhere :)

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
oh.... i though you need a hectic new computer n stuff.... in that case whats a fuel regulator? where can i get one? how much?? still need to get my car tuned tho dont i?? cos itl start to run lean with the extractors... or does the fuel regulator effectively just tune the afm??

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Got mine dyno'd at a place down here before I went up to winton for a track day last saturday. Car currently has the extractors and a 2" manifold back pretty much straight through system. The guys said the AFR's were spot on for what they were expecting from N/A. Didn't need to change any fuelling. Some people swear you need to get it tuned, some people say you don't.

Personal preference, but if you're paranoid like I was, get a workshop to put it on the dyno and check the AFR's to see what it's running like. No point spending money if it's not needed. Kinking the fuel return line is pretty dodgy and if you need to, get a rising rate reg so it isn't huge fuel pressure all the time (i.e. down low where it doesn't need it).

Edit: So you know, An adjustable fuel reg does exactly the same thing as kinking the return line does - just regulates the fuel pressure at the injectors. The stock one is like 37psi and all an adjustable one does is replace the existing one on the rail and replaces it with something that you can adjust to increase the pressure. AFM has nothing to do with the fuel reg, really..

---dens

having an adjustable fuel reg is basically a very very basic version of a fuel controller.. the more pressure you put in, the more fuel you will get into your engine. yes, to do it properly, you will need to have it dyno'd or stick an a/f ratio gauge up its bum and go for a cain and do some adjusting, but i'd suggest the dyno option for first timers, probably the cheapest setup for you would be to get a nismo bolt on reg, these bolt onto the stock fuel rail instead of your old one, you can get the ebay ones.. that'll work too, to do it properly you need a fuel rail adaptor etc etc, by the time you add it up, its easier, and looks more stock to just bolt on a nismo one.. i'll see if i can find one on ebay.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Nismo whore :p I was going to grab one of these if I needed extra fuel pressure:

http://tinyurl.com/457ren

That said if that nismo one were adjustable (is it?) then I'd almost be tempted to go that instead since it's not a huge amount more (and doesn't look far from stock - since doing this kinda stuff is generally an EPA issue anyhow)

---dens

yeh. i got the sard on both my cars... there the best... but by the time you set one up your close to $4-450 with billet rail adaptor, speedflow fittings, line etc.. sure you can do it with a supercheap brass adaptor and poxy efi fuel hose, but then why get a pretty fuel reg if your gona skimp on the rest? :D the nismo reg is a great plug and play option. used em on plenty of cars, great for the cuntstabulry too!

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
thanks heaps turbo.... that one will work/fit??
sorry to be a pain in the arse.... but how is it adjustable?? does it do it automatically? or is that part of tuning it?

so whats the verdict.... with the addition of extractors a fuel regulator is necessary?? it will boost the amount of power the extractors add right?? and i realy should get it dyno'd to make sure its all good....

there is a bolt/nut ontop of the fuel reg, you just adjust this to add/lessen pressure.. you will need a gauge to do this thou.. your tuner should have one just to plug in to adjust it... then you don't have to touch it again... with my extractors/ exhaust/pod my blue car was leaning out pretty bad, enough to slowly **** it over time.. but now.. with the cams, on full noise its not to bad.. so go figure, still yet to tune the emanage, but my a/f ratio meter ****ed out last weekend. dammit, waiting to get it repaired. i'd be getting a fuel reg soonish after you fit your exhaust.. no great rush.. just don't go floging it to 200km/h every 30 seconds and you'll b right.

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
ahh k.. well ill have a look round.. theres a jap imports/nismo shop round near my way.. see if they can get me one. otherwise ill buy the one on ebay and hopefully get it installed soon after i get the extractors done.. actualy its almost probably worth doing it all at once ay....

still need to find a place to tune my car tho.... can any1 help with that part??

thanks heaps turbo and dens.. sorry im a bit of a noob when it comes to modifying my car.... i dont want to get it all wrong and **** it!

thanks, tris

CMF_nsm

» CMF Member
tris...

IS Motorsports in Rockdale....9599 9918...personal friend of mine...Indy is his name...tell him i recommended u...if u remember he did all of so daniels work...

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
deNs WROTE:

"Got mine dyno'd at a place down here before I went up to winton for a track day last saturday. Car currently has the extractors and a 2" manifold back pretty much straight through system. The guys said the AFR's were spot on for what they were expecting from N/A. Didn't need to change any fuelling. Some people swear you need to get it tuned, some people say you don't.<BR><BR>Personal preference, but if you're paranoid like I was, get a workshop to put it on the dyno and check the AFR's to see what it's running like. No point spending money if it's not needed. Kinking the fuel return line is pretty dodgy and if you need to, get a rising rate reg so it isn't huge fuel pressure all the time (i.e. down low where it doesn't need it).<BR><BR>Edit: So you know, An adjustable fuel reg does exactly the same thing as kinking the return line does - just regulates the fuel pressure at the injectors. The stock one is like 37psi and all an adjustable one does is replace the existing one on the rail and replaces it with something that you can adjust to increase the pressure. AFM has nothing to do with the fuel reg, really..<BR><BR>---dens

so dens... you drove around with just extractors and no tuning or a fuel reg for a while?? how did it go? did you notice a difference in power and all? i think ill give the tuning it bit a rest untill i get a fuel regulator which hopefully will be soon after. what do you rekon...

Back