Switching from Hall effect to Reluctor sensor?

Well,
My SLX has been off the road and neglected for a little while, but its time to get it back into action!
I have been talking to the company that installed the Hawk ecu into the turbo micra in Oz and he has suggested that i switch from the hall effect sensor in the distributor to a reluctor sensor on the crank. He said that he did use the hall effect sensor but never got it running perfectly.
Am i right to think that the CGA engine uses a reluctor sensor? is that the coilpack engines? does anyone have any idea how easy it would be to switch? i really have no idea on this so please, any ideas welcome?

i think paul (smith) is running with a crank sensor ed, it should be pretty straight forward to setup with a coilpack flywheel :)

that sounds hopeful, but is the pickup in the gearbox housing? and does the flywheel bolt strait up? you must have some of the parts needed right frank? when i work out what i need i will pop up and collect them along with the mani/fuel rail:)

that sounds hopeful, but is the pickup in the gearbox housing? and does the flywheel bolt strait up? you must have some of the parts needed right frank? when i work out what i need i will pop up and collect them along with the mani/fuel rail:)

you could mount one on your bellhousing ed, here,s a lightened coilpack and stock one (same boltholes + extra dowel hole), or else mount the sensor ring from the auto f/w (on the left) onto yours
http://www.micra.org.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=13848&stc=1&d=1259334169

Attachments

• SDC10176.JPG
    SDC10176.JPG
    276.4 KB · Views: 354
Back