swapping a 1994 cg10 to a 98ish? cg10 and gearbox

I am currently swapping out my original engine in my micra for an engine and gearbox that is from a different year
I have obtained the correct speedo drive and i thought that was going to be all untill I tried to reconnect the driveshafts which seem to be a different size,
the o/s gearbox mount is different
and the gear selector linkage is different.

Im thinking i need all of these and my local scrappy doesnt have any micras has anyone got any of these parts laying about!?

also does anyone know whether i need to change the whole driveshaft or can i just change the inner cv joint to the later one?

the facelift 1.0 has the same (bigger) g/box, shafts, flywheel as the 1.3, and different mounts and gearchange chris

yes so i need, the inner cv joints? or do i need the shaft stoo?
the gearbox mount and the entire gearchange linkage, do you have or know anyone with these parts?

the splines on the bare shafts are smaller too mate, i took the easy option and changed the engine only :)
your location would probably help when sourcing large parts on here eh

I would have changed only the engine but it was the gearbox that has failed, syncro on second gear is worn sometimes makes shifting down hard. I live in Haverhill suffolk, near cambridge
ive got the engine up and running all be it without an exhaust at the moment.
could i take apart the CV joint and put the different cup on my shafts? or is that different too?
is there a wanted section on here? im sure someone will have the part i need.....
Thanks Chris

the spider,s inside the c/v,s on the spare shafts i have are different chris, and the pot,s are a different dia eh, the preface 1.0 used k10 shafts.
i think you,re gonna need the 2 rods, the under cross member (alloy mount on the cross member is different iirc), the rear steel bracket, the n/s mount, and the shafts (and electronic speedo complications i believe)

Ahh ic good info on the shafts Thanks, i have the alloy mount on the cross member + the member and the steel mount that bolts to the back of the gearbox already, the speedo drive has been replaced with the mechanical one from a 1275 and seems to work.

so i need the inner cv joints the driveshafts, the gearchange linkage and the right hand (passenger side) gearbox mount. from a post 1998 micra?

by that do you mean i cant use the outer cv joints either? i thought they were the same for all micras?
Thanks for your help frank you are a wealth of micra knowledge!

Thread revival; but it keeps it all in one place...

Does anyone know (or is able to measure) the diameter of the preface lift CG10 inner CV joints?
I'm after the outside diameter of the inner CV at it's largest (on the bell).
The number on the side of the inner CV I have is DOJ 75 #### 75mm being the outside diameter with the CV boot so I'm after something similar. (out of a N13 pulsar)

Is it also possible to confirm the diameter and number of splines on the shaft?

Looking for a possible source of nice small inner CVs for my mini CG13DE conversion. Are these inner CVs going to have too much trouble taking something around 100hp?

Bugger, the CG10DE that uses the RS5F30A gearbox uses the same inner CVs and shaft as the cg13de then? Just I remember l_Jones saying the drive shaft fitted the mini outer CVs, the only drive shafts I've found that fit the mini end have the small Nissan inner C.V.
I haven't taken apart the standard driveshafts yet coz the inner CVs are the biggest of those I've got.
Just thought the CG10DE driveshafts might have been a solution.

yes the post 98 1.0,s have the bigger shafts mate, tho i came across some coilpack bare shafts that had the smaller (k10/mini type) spline and ended up using primera QG15 pot joints on niki,s mini

Any other suggestions for a small pot joint around the 68 - 70mm diameter that will fit into the RS5F30A gearbox? I don't really care what driveshafts or splines because it will be cut n shut anyway.
Just rather not make my driveshafts up without available spares...
Qg15de look pretty large from the images I found.
Thanks again for your help frank.

:) the ball type ones tend to be a smaller dia than the spider type fuzzy.
here is the 02 one btw, same type 30 larger diff spline, but smaller type 41 bare shaft splines (lower one) so the mini outer c/v should fit it eh
P3060583.JPG
P4270651.JPG

Frank you are a bloody legend!
Any chance you can tell me the outside diameter of that 02 one? (02 CG10DE is it?)
It may be just the ticket... Sorry for being such a picky bugger.

75mm mate, i always thought the bare shaft splines were smaller on the pre 98 1.0 and bigger on all the rest, praps it depends on what supplier nissan was using at the time ?
and most likely 1.0 yes :)

75mm is a bit big makes it about 82mm with the boot...
If it fits the smaller shaft I could use them on the side that isn't as tight and it would save running two different diameter shafts.
I don't know what they were doing shaft wise there were 2 different size CV joints on the pulsar but the shafts were 2 different sizes as well, my guess was it had a replacement shaft and the smaller one was OEM but then I couldn't find the smaller ones anywhere. By that time I'd built the subframe to suit.
NTN still list DOJ 75 cv joints but thier supplier in Australia knows nothing about them, replacements are all the larger type.

Back