Suzuki swift sport

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Sorry guys i no its not a nissan and i no its not a Micra,but would like to show you anyway.

I think its pretty impressive how far suzuki's have come since the gti,i no they where popular but the build quality was **** compared to the new ones,Anyway this 1 is only available in Japan at the moment and has bigger front brakes,rear disc brakes,125bhp, better suspension and the list go's on.

Its a pity nissan are not doing something similar.

Attachments

• 15951.jpg
    15951.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 28

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
the uk version is coming out ina few months time.
nice looking car. but they are still making them too heavy with extras like aircon a sporty version of a car shouldnt have. not un cold uk markets anyway, i know it gets hot in oz and japan.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Agree micragirl.What the market needs is a small pocket rocket. Around 1.5lt, turbo and not costing the earth.
Anything out of Europe suffers from the value of the Aussie dollar. Only hope is Japan.
Hopefully may see a Swift with larger turbo motor.

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
Yup. My car is coming round for some "routine" maintenance...ie..timing chain, clutch etc, although there is absolutely nothing wrong with them at the moment, but when routine maintenace is going to cost in excess of the value of the car, it's time to move on. Will be sad, Micra's have been an enormous surprise to everyone who owns/drives one. Hey, if the trade in value is too low maybe I'll keep it and just drive it for when I'm feeling like being frisky lol :p

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
The trouble is that the ONLY small car nissan have, other than the Tiida is the K12 March.

I don't think there's a "performance" version of the march either.

2007 with the release of the GTR will apparently bring with it a swag of new "performance" models.

It bloody better anyway.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
what do you mean a k12 with tiida mech package?
as for 1.5 turbo, this in the colt czt is what i am considering as my next car. 147bhp and 210NM. easily boosted up i reckon, will give the clio 172/182/197 a run for its money.

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
Next time you see the Tiida ad, take note that Kim Cattrall puts the car in gear BEFORE she pushes the clutch in. Could this be the shift_expectations that Nissan are on about? Hmmm, I always thought it best to put the clutch in first...then again, maybe I'm just old-fashioned.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
i'm expecting a k13 in 2008 so nissan might make something of note with that oportunity. from 2007 nissan will be lauching a load of new models and some performance versions. alongside the new GTR which is an event in itself.

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
The go fast K12 has the HR15DE motor. This is a Tiida motor. Tiida also gets the HR16DE & MR18DE.

We get the 1.5L 100hp verison of the Suzuki too. It weighs 1040kg with a manual gearbox.
http://www.suzuki.co.nz/auto/specs.html?id=157#spec
The Suzuki is a K12 sized car with a Tiida size weight.
Even fitting the 125hp 1.6L motor to the Suzuki hardly sets my pants on fire, I beat it's got heavier too. http://www.suzuki.co.jp/swiftsport/

The HR15DE Tiida is about the same weight as the Suzuki. The 125hp MR18DE Tiida weighs 1114kg. I'd guess it'll match Suzuki offering while being a bigger, roomier car.

A 1.4L K12 with about the same power as the 100hp Suzuki weighs 100kg less. How about a same size car that isn't so bloated.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
aussie tiida doesn't go too bad at all. quite gutsy, very refined power delivery. very restricted up high though, struggles to breathe. I'd love to see what sort of kw a well modified mr18de would put out...

I think 90fwkw isnt out of the question. It was possible with the QG18de and now there's a ****ter of a motor.

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
I saw a black Renault Clio Sports on the freeway the otherday and i was pretty surprised by how it looks. Im assuming 4 cylinder with dual exhaust pipes is pretty cool :D

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
I had a look at the Nissan Tiida a few week ago and I could not belive how ugly it was. I did hope the Tiida was going to be a good looking car so I could update to a new car and stick to nissan but theres no way in hell im buying somthing that looks like it stole styling tips from the old Kia Rio. shame on nissan for giving us such a crap car. I love the swift and theres a good chance ill have one sitting in my driveway this year.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Give it a bit more Micra King...

I have heard that nissan australia still plan on bringing a small hot hatch to the market.

It might not be cheap though. It'll be in the same class as the Astra Turbo and Focus XR5...

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
The 4 door Tiida has no performance model anywhere in the world. The americans get one with some fancy rims and a daggy bodykit. They too had a Pulsar SSS equivalent with a big 2.5L motor, 6 speed manual, LSD, etc with their last model Sentra.

If we get anything which will be a sport model it will be derived from the next European Almera (which will be on the same Nissan B-platform as the Tiida and Renault Clio and yes those lucky europeans, nissan decided the tiida's design would not go down well with them so they're getting something different...). Engine sharing with the Renault range is more than likely (hello Meganne Turbo).

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Of course thats just hoping/predicting what what might happen. They HAVE said the europeans will be getting their own "all new" Almera and they have already shared motors and platofrms with Renault.

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah well they better hurry up.

It was 1997 since you could buy the last micra here in Oz, and even they were still gutless (The Super S top model having the same engine as the base model). Lucky, they were pretty lightweight which made them still feel spritey.

They need to really wake up and put together some pretty light (~1000kg) hot hatch with a turbocharged engine, fully independant suspension, VVT, recaro seats, lovely interior etc.

Plenty of aussies love performance Nissans, something like that would sell like hotcakes I reckon.

CMF_jamm'n

» CMF Member
Tom and i had a very similar conversation a few weeks back, and the idea we think is that they have combined the efforts of both Renault and Nissan to achieve as a whole, quiet and impressive range.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
If you look at the Renault and Nissan range at the moment, they compliment each other.

You go to the combined Nissan & Renault dealer at Springwood here in SE QLD and you can walk in with a requirement and pretty much drive out with the car you need.

This is why nissan is hesidant about bringing out a new sports model. They will be struggling to make it up to the standards of its rivals at a compeititve price.

They were lucky with the 350Z in that it is more of a status symbol for those old datsun lovers out there. THe murano isnt selling very well either. But it wasn't intended to sell well, it was more of a marketing ploy by nissan australia. You could say it is a "look at us, we're cool too" car. Toyota is about to play the same trick with the next model Aurion (V6 camry replacement). Toyota have realised that there's a whole different market segment they havent quite mastered. And thats the market which demands a vehcile which style.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Agree Cisco. The market is crying out for a small lighweight hot hatch. With fuel going the way it is and there are lots of people out there who are small car fans it would sell like hotcakes.
With the average Aussie family down to one child the concept of the big Aussie family car now out of date.
IF you could import the Taiwanese K11 and offer it with a turbocharged CG13DE motor how do you think that would sell??
Say 4 wheel discs, sunroof, A/C and putting out around say
90Kws.

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
I personally thing that bringing a new hi-tec car out in a similar size to a micra would be a bad move at this point in time,Due to most Australians wanting something bigger.

It was only 10-15 years ago that most of us would never drive a small car and now look,for the first time ever we broke the record and sold more small cars than big EVER that is a giant start.

Something that is more Swift/Jazz size could be the go,however i don't think the current micra (K12) is what people are wanting.

On a slightly bigger note i think Nissan could learn a thing or 2 from what Ford is doing,They have there basic package than they have the 2.5 5 cylinder turbo XR5.

There is no reason why the Tiida could not have that race interior with Recaros and polished alloy parts,some leary colours,a full bodykit (not designed by people that wear suits) a turbo charged engine,twin head lights,front mount intercooler, front or possibly 4wd,and some bonnet venting like the Evos have,and maybe a 3 door option.

To be honest i felt sick last week when i looked up all the Japanese sites for Nissan,Suzuki and so on,And found they have more options than what we even get.

With the cost of fuel small is the way of the future.

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah agree.

Again, goes back to what the customers wants. And when we live in a country of stupid average aussies, its going to take time for them to cotton onto smaller cars and think smarter.

Also don't think 90kw is enough thesedays to please the masses. Those new XR5 things putting out 160+kw. I know they are 1200ish Kgs, but still that's a lot of power. Pretty much around what my micra puts out, and only say 400kg heavier..

The lush interiors and recaros etc is where its all at thesedays. Everyone wants that kind of stuff. Even us on our old micras all seem to love putting in the lovely racing seats and that kind of thing. Cars coming out with that from the factory just save you a lot of time in modification because its already all done for you.

In my opinion though, the XR5 and Astra turbo cars are still too large. But I'm sure they will sell a lot of them because aussies don't like super small cars yet. They are going down the same road where all the small cars get bigger and heavier, the power figures are becoming the same as the big 6cyl falcons and commodores. You can almost call the XR5 and Astra turbo mini commodores and falcons based on their weights. It wasn't that long ago that commodores and falcons weighed in around 1300 odd Kg. Now they are pushing 2 tonnes.

Why doesn't someone make one of them out of a lightweight alloy chassis and sell something around the 1000kg mark with somewhere around 120-150+Kw. That would HAUL.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Oh well I will stick with my Micras. I like small cars and only thing else around that interests me is the Cooper S but way to expensive.Paying far too much for the BMW name and foreign exchange rate.
Oh I would like maybe one day getting hold of an RX7 and giving it the go fast bits.

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah exactly. I agree White Knight.

Right now, zero point upgrading. Might as well keep enjoying the micra and make somewhat of a classic out of it.

It will always have the advantage of being such an unpredictable sleeper.

Problem with buying one of the new XR5s or Astra turbos is that everyone knows they are semi quick to begin with. And they still aren't stupendously fast without modification - and then you go through all the hassles again like we do with finding out what works and who makes the good bits etc anyway. So might as well just keep doing that to the micra!

CMF_rocket

» CMF Member
What about the new ford focus xr turbo it looks like a good car, I wouldn't mind one of those they look good too have a look on the ford website, apart from the four doors which is uncool... but not bad. at least we are starting to get some good and powerfull small cars now.

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
Yes I realise that, but I want a new car. At least when you buy new you have total control over how often/regular it gets serviced, how its being driven, besides there's something nice about the smell of new upholstery and yeh, I know its a lot to pay for a fragrance, but its worth it in the end :p

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
But its a Renault!! Okay if you keep em for say 3 years as after that bits and pieces will start to fall off them .
No resale value to talk about but then again any second hand car has dropped a lot.
Nah will stick with the Micras and in time end up with a unique car.

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Your totally right Cisco,The XR5 and others are comming out with so much gear on them that the only thing you need is bigger wheels, they already look modified.

As for what works they have tested and proven all the parts in the UK already becauce they have been playing with them for a while now.

As for the micra,A work mate said to me the other day "you don't take ya kids in that do ya" yes i said "you must stupid or something". I said to him have you seen what happens to a falcon or commodore when it go's under a truck,your ****ed either way you no.

People are so stupid, I just don't care what they think anymore,I will play with my micra if thats what makes me happy.

CMF_~~SME~~

» CMF Member
I love my micra but you can't try and say that driving in a big falcodore is not gonna be a hell of a lot safer in an accident than a similar accident in a micra. Perhaps its best not to look at it in perspective of accidents that will seriously harm or kill the passengers in both cars but more so have a look at the number of situations where you would've come out a lot better in the bigger car. I mean the micra has a safety rating of very poor in the racv magazine (I think it was this magazine) for a reason. That being said, although I am aware that the micra isn't the safest car in the world I am happy driving my micra or other small sporty cars :) . The thing that ticks me off is how many accidents occur due to people being stupid or just having a lack of awareness on the road.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
If we were that worried about crash safety we wouldnt be driving micras. We'd be driving fancy european cars.

VT commodores only really just touched on the saftey standards volvo set in the early 90's.

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
The XR5 turbo should sell really well in australia. Most aussie men have a phobiea about 4 cylider cars and the XR5 is a 5 cylinder so should get past there phobiea of small engines.
I dont feel sorry for people with large cars and 4wds and there high fuel costs and in todays local paper there was a story on fuel costs and had an interview with a lady driving a toyota 4wd and the silly cow was complaining about it costing her $250 to fill her 4wd up which lasts her 2 weeks but then you read it only costs her $25 a week more which is not really that much at all but hey get your fat ass out of the never being off road huge 4wd and into a normal car and you will save $100 a fortnight easy. Dumb cow.

Back