K11 vs Swift GTI

Mark

Ex. Club Member
Hey all

As some of you may know i am an owner of a Swift GTI, I wanna basically end an disagreement that i have, basically in my view i cant see any cg13 K11 on this site which could take out my swift in a staight line, I.E santa pod,

my swift gti is standard basically. no engine mods at all. I dont believe in the "4-2-1 manifold adds 25bhp to a k11" rubbish, I am however willing to put my money where my mouth is at jap finale santa pod 8th october where i am willing to take on any CG13 k11's to prove it.

I am not slagging off K11's so please dont think i am,

Sorry Awesome but I'm gonna prove you wrong (Y)

my swift
31544ff479df1b43.JPG

Yes it is a shame, as my car will be in the paint shop then. You have to accept that the Swift a lighter car and has a completely different tune to a standard micra. More capacity, longer duration cams, better exhaust etc.

Make sure you post up your times with slips as a comparison. You should be making 16's easily.

My money's on the Swift GTI,
A friend of mines used to have one before we strapped R1 carbs to it and run the engine to the ground! It looks SURPRISNIGLY like that one!
Where did you get it? lol

-JGti

damn it all the micras are in the garage lol, my car is in the garage too :(

not that it would have betten it cos its stock with subs :(

Maybe you should be bit more clear though, would you beat Mr Grassie's turbo micra? or do you mean you would beat a micra with full exhaust system, stripped etc or just a standard Micra?

I do like the fighting talk and if a micra did win at Santa Pod, aleays good to win in public :D

i think im going ill race you dude.. my best is a 17 dead without cams but i think there making it slower but meh whatever :D lets just see what happens

Gti's set 16's(ish) as standard, so I think it's up to your shifting skills then!

Hope you have a good race guys!

-JGti

Raceworx said:
lol ###### i aint got no skills
Haha, It's not that hard :p
Accelrator off Clutch in next gear clutch out Power down again...!
Etc etc, lol! Some folk need some lessons though, I'm going to cideo this guy in a sab i see in the morning. He does Accelerator down clutch in gear up and Clutch up.. *Bang* Idiot! :laugh:

no standard micra would be able to keep up with any standard swift gti only the k10 st,
but i no that a standard s1 106 rally would give you a very hard time mark and there only 8 valva. and your right mark a back box and an elephants trunks with a filter on the end under the bonnet doesn't make a #### of differents

like i said iv got a 17 dead without cams if i could get a damnd ecu re-flash (pete :p) it would easy be in the 16's but i think it would be down to whogets the beter launch..

Mark said:
I dont believe in the "4-2-1 manifold adds 25bhp to a k11" rubbish,

heh heh, even after people have proved it on the dynos that a full system will add a lot of horses coupled with a decent intake?

anyway mark, your right it would take a k11 with more than just janspeed to beat the swift. a 100hp k11 is similar performance to a saxo VTR and their not fast. swift would destroy them.

tbh honest i think higher tuned k11s will win but thats against a standard swift and thats another argument lol

the only micras i see beating the swift are the ST, possibly an NME k11 and the 160SR.

:)

I know i dont have a K11, but im more than willing race to ya Mark.Im quite looking forward to that weekend now.

Hmm... I typed my gear combo's wrong, James :p
Full power?? lol!
I wont be buying a car from you! ;)

Anyone interested in the specs you'll be up against, look no further:
Wikipedia said:
  • Engine code: G13B
  • Type: inline 4 cylinder, MPFI, 1.3L gasoline
  • Drivetrain: FWD
  • Valvetrain: DOHC 16-valve
  • Displacement: 1298 cc
  • Compression Ratio: 10:1 (11:1 for Cultus GTi)
  • Bore: 74.0 mm
  • Stroke 75.5 mm
  • Power: 101 hp (74 kW) @ 6500 rpm
  • Torque: 83 ft·lbf (112 N·m) @ 5000 rpm
  • Redline: 8000 rpm (6800 rpm for North American models)
  • Fuel cut: 7400 rpm

i'l race you cocky swift gti guy with my stock k11. ok iv got a few body modifications that will slow me down, but i have a full exhaust system which will give me a few horses. :laugh:

the janspeed takes a k11 1.3 from 75 to 99bhp ive seen it dyno tested one 1.3 without at 75bhp then one with only a janspeed at 99bhp, most powerfull k11 ive seen so far was 121-131bhp i forget cos this was about i dunno... 3-4 years ago when me and paul arranged a rolling road day out :)

good times should have the pics and printouts somewhere

nice swift btw mark ;)

Il put 10,000 that I will whip you in my k11..
...at the end of the day, stock cg13s are very restricted and are more suitable to turbo/SCing than any real n-a setup IMO

Swifts are very quick, but Id never own a suzuki car :p

James said:
Anyone interested in the specs you'll be up against, look no further:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Engine code: G13B
Type: inline 4 cylinder, MPFI, 1.3L gasoline
Drivetrain: FWD
Valvetrain: DOHC 16-valve
Displacement: 1298 cc
Compression Ratio: 10:1 (11:1 for Cultus GTi)
Bore: 74.0 mm
Stroke 75.5 mm
Power: 101 hp (74 kW) @ 6500 rpm
Torque: 83 ft·lbf (112 N·m) @ 5000 rpm
Redline: 8000 rpm (6800 rpm for North American models)
Fuel cut: 7400 rpm

hang on... 101bhp.....and a micra with full system...is 99bhp........

im sorry but it gonna be up 2 the driver rather than the car.... they would be so closely matched it wouldnt be easy to determain..

but i would never ever have a suzuki car either...

Stop looking at maximum power output. If you look at the engine setups, bore, stroke, valve lift, cam duration and timing you will see that the Swift has a clear advantage over the 1.3 K11.

how?...... so that makes the 900bhp skyline engine no better than a 750bhp F1 engine.....cos of duration, lift, bore, stroke...

if its not about power output...then what is it about..

and no im sorry but if you can get within 2bhp of the swift with an exhaust..... what power are we talking if we had the same lift, duration, bore, stroke???
150bhp?

so wheres the advantage?

its been said before, that you wont be able to get the same advances with the swift engine over the micra engine with the same bolt ons....
so put a set of cams a full exhaust and a fliter on a swift gti, then do the same on the micra and you will see about 20bhp on the swift and about 55 to 60bhp increase on the micra.......this just shows how restricted the micra engine is and how the swift engine is nearly at the endge of its n/a tuning possibilities...i mean 10:1 compression ratio and only 101bhp....comon?

Swifts benifit even more with similar mods as a result. That's what low_rider is trying to point out.

thats just the thing....they dont...and it has been proven in banzai and car and car conversions more than once....

I believe that the boys at Suzuki Sport have built a 500hp 1.3 Swift Gti engine... correct me if I'm wrong but; I don't think the CG13 could take that with any mod.

JamieGti said:
I believe that the boys at Suzuki Sport have built a 500hp 1.3 Swift Gti engine... correct me if I'm wrong but; I don't think the CG13 could take that with any mod.
I reckon if you uprated enough stuff it could certainly hit something near there at least...

the CG13de is a very tough engine, and you can force alot of power out of it before it will brake,

you could fit a larger nitros system to a CG over a swift because the swift engine won't take much more tuning.... thats why its the Gti because it comes pre tuned....

No offense to anyone but I put more faith in suzuki's standard power claims than the various dyno shops around the world. Its not uncommon for them to be a bit optimisitic - someone showed here that people will always come back to a dyno that gives a slightly high readout.

I don't think there's an NA (engine mods only) micra which could take a standard GTI and give it a spanking down the quarter.

Its very much possible for it to happen - the potential is there. Heck, I give GTI's a scare until about halfway through 2nd gear and my car is pretty much standard. :p The swift has a higher redline and longer gears too. It'll most likely have a higher trap speed than the micra.

I think to get a micra keeping up with a GTI after 2nd gear you're gonna need more than 100bhp. A higher redline is a definate requirement and longer gears will also come in handy. And lets face it, neither of those things is particularly easy to get and make work. More revs will almost certainly mean a bottom end rebuild for most CG's with uprated bearings, balanced crank if you dont want to be replacing the bearings with your spark plugs, headwork to make it flow enough to support the high rpm requirements (the suzi head literally flows TOO well for the motor).

Alot of work to say that you're quicker than a standard GTI in a straight line? Hah. Whatever. I didn't buy a micra to go fast in a straight line anyway. If I wanted to go fast in a straight line I would have kept my old SR20DE powered N14.

Thanks for your comments people,

raceworx i think your on pal :grinning: I have read the swift puts out a 16.6@84 as standard so will have to wait and see.

No offense to anyone but I put more faith in suzuki's standard power claims than the various dyno shops around the world

I completley agree

so put a set of cams a full exhaust and a fliter on a swift gti, then do the same on the micra and you will see about 20bhp on the swift and about 55 to 60bhp increase on the micra
antony aiken i dismissed your comment as absolute rubbish,

I think it should be quite fun anyway on August the 8th at Santa Pod, Hopefully there will be a N/A tuned CG13 which can beat a standard swift GTI? :grinning:

the reason why there's such a big gain with a manifold on the CG is because of the insanely poor standard design.

I believe the standard design of the swift is much much better. So therefore a different manifold would nopt get the same gain

the reason why there's such a big gain with a manifold on the CG is because of the insanely poor standard design.

I believe the standard design of the swift is much much better. So therefore a different manifold would nopt get the same gain

I never said that they would both gain the same, but 25bhp gain which makes a k11 the same power as a swift gti is utter rubbish, the reason why i am challengeing anyone with a K11 1.3 to prove me wrong

Mark said:
Thanks for your comments people,

raceworx i think your on pal :grinning: I have read the swift puts out a 16.6@84 as standard so will have to wait and see.

I completley agree

antony aiken i dismissed your comment as absolute rubbish,

I think it should be quite fun anyway on August the 8th at Santa Pod, Hopefully there will be a N/A tuned CG13 which can beat a standard swift GTI? :grinning:

id like to see that, but any N/A CG there wont be able too i doubt, best will probably be a 16.9 ish.

yeah i think 25bhp might be a bit ott, but a janspeeded k11 can get into high 16's and they are heavier then a swift, so they are probably like at around 90bhp, giving 15 or more off a full exhaust system.

you dont seem to get it do you.....

the dyno runs are done before and after on the same dyno...showing the increase on the same dyno.....on the same day usualy...how can hundreds of people with different dynos be wrong?

fine dismiss it as utter rubish....personaly i dont care.......again as i said....i wouldnt touch a suzuki swift with a 10ft barge pole.....personaly theyre more chav than a saxo round here. and i know a guy that works at hawthorne suzuki....insider knowledge.,..lol

and......if they made a micra GTi, with the same mods as the suzuki engine.... believe me, it would be spankingly more powerfull and a damned sight more reliable than the zuki.....

but then..im having a cg13det anyway.....lol

So the moral of the story is: Standard Suzuki Swift Gti vs. Standard Micra SR = Micra with a grill full of dust!

I think we're straying off topic...

Can a Micra K11 with a modified manifold beat the Swift?

Mark wants a challenge!

-Jamie

not with just a manifold no.......cos its heavier....daft question.

with a full system......and equal weight.........easily...

closer gear ratios allow a quicker acceleration.....

It doesn't have that though... That's about £600 work on a car that costs more to make it equal to a car you can buy for £500!!!

Anyway, I can't wait to hear the results!

-Jamie

closer gear ratios also mean more gear changes, and over 1/4 of a mile you don't want too many gear changes at approximately 0.4 seconds per shift.

Back