Suspension

The springs are fairly easy to spray not sure about the dampers though, suppose it depends how good your spraying is lol. As for the lowering i lowered mine 35mm and had trouble with the drivers side rear rubbing the arch even after rolling them. The adjustable panhard rod sorted that no problem for me.

A panhard rod centralises the rear axle, like Paul said one wheel will poke out arch more, but its mm's. Am i right in saying that the car will feel like its crabbing if not changed?

yep if the rear axle is off-centre after lowering, due to the angled trailing arms the rear wheels will be pointing to the right by a fraction. so holding the steering to what would've been previously straight, the car would drift left.

i doubt if it would crab or effect the steering personally, because its a solid axle, and the trailing arms are @ 90 deg eh, and stays parallel with the car (the same as if you fitted 1 spacer to one of the back wheels)

i doubt if it would crab or effect the steering personally, because its a solid axle, and the trailing arms are @ 90 deg eh, and stays parallel with the car (the same as if you fitted 1 spacer to one of the back wheels)

no the upper trailing arms are angled inwards from the chassis a slight few degs

614u.jpg

here's an exagerrated diagram of what happens when the axle isn't centered throughout its suspension travel

scaled.php

thats the inner/upper arms tho paul, the outer trailing arms angle the other way, and all that happens is the rubbers flex (which is why the suspension on that rally car with solid rosejionts locked up solid as the car lowered down )

thats the inner/upper arms tho paul, the outer trailing arms angle the other way, and all that happens is the rubbers flex (which is why the suspension on that rally car with solid rosejionts locked up solid as the car lowered down )

so as the axle beam skews across to the right, the upper arms are trying to twist the axle beam? (left arm pulls, right arm pushes)
yeah the rubber bushings deform to the misalignment but the combined deflection of the upper & lower arms fighting each other might result in the axle beam pointing a fraction off which is enough to affect alignment.

rear axle offset affected my cars alignment till it was centered, last time i was aligning my wheels

hi there if i brought this kit would it fit stright on with no problems as its for a corsa i saw i have a n reg k11 micra in red would it fit on plz

after lowering my k11 about 4 inches and fitting wider wheels the rear o/s wheel rubbed the arch like hell.
so i bought one off noddie on here and it sorted the problem straight away
i can even lower my car alot more now without worrying about hitting the arch :)

Back