Suspension

Now this is a bit of a funny question, we are taking a Micra on the Mongal rally and need to raise the ride height by 3 - 4 inches, I have heard that you can fit struts of a vw is that the case? Does anyone know of a way to increase ride height?

you could use standoffs/spacers on your topmounts mick, but raising the suspension by a lot will work your c/v,s hard and increase bumpsteer :eek:
i would go for the low ratio facelift 1.0 g/box personally and larger narrow wheels/tyres

Hi,
Me and some friends will be doing the mongol rally in july too(Y) We unfortunately are going as a group of 4 so the micra is looking a bit small :(
As frank says, raising the car by much at the front means that the driveshafts no longer line up nicely with the wheels so its a tricky one. i personaly would work on the rear suspension as its the back that will be taking much of the added weight and will be mega low as standard. I would go for longer springs and shocks.
Good luck! and whats your team name?? We are 'Return of the Yak'
see you in london in july :D

this is us http://returnoftheyak.wordpress.com/
looks like you have been doing well getting sponsorship! we are still at the stage of getting media coverage. would be really good to talk to you about some things if you dont mind? dont want to do it on your thread.

as for uprated radiator, im not sure you will need one, i would just get a spare to be honest. Iv never had problems with my micra over heating, the only time i can see it overheating is in trafic on a hot day and thats just the job of the rad fan.

One thing i would say is have you thought about wheels? steel wheels are the way to go as they can be bent back into shap if you have a little bump, where as alloys just break.

Back