suspension and reinforcement advice needed

well i just got back from the rally i took part in. car didn't do too well.

to give a small background on racing in Sri Lanka.

I run a one make march class. No modifications are allowed except ecu and the basics such as exhust k&N etc. even the tire size is specified. No suspension mods either.

last week i ran a gravel rally with standard suspension. the terrain was quite rutty and was doing ok until i hit a rut too hard and bend the lower arm. also managed to get one of the rear wheels all screwed. think it's bent from the frame itself.

question i have for all is:

Advice on decently priced rally suspension is required. what to buy and the height on it.

ways of reinforcing parts of the body/chassis so it will take more of a beating. specially lower arms.

well i just got back from the rally i took part in. car didn't do too well.

to give a small background on racing in Sri Lanka.

I run a one make march class. No modifications are allowed except ecu and the basics such as exhust k&N etc. even the tire size is specified. No suspension mods either.

last week i ran a gravel rally with standard suspension. the terrain was quite rutty and was doing ok until i hit a rut too hard and bend the lower arm. also managed to get one of the rear wheels all screwed. think it's bent from the frame itself.

question i have for all is:

Advice on decently priced rally suspension is required. what to buy and the height on it.

ways of reinforcing parts of the body/chassis so it will take more of a beating. specially lower arms.

Its between 750-800pounds for the k11 ,get onto mph on here and the talk to him about it, I got my suspension from him.
or email him [email protected]

you are right i'm not allowed rally suspension in my class. there is a 1050 modified class that is run for rallys. Was thinking of going to that class. in this class suspension mods and anyother mods are allowed but running this class tends to be very expensive. i'm not too sure I can afford to go into the modified class just yet.

this is why i also asked for some form of reinforcement to make the stock set up harder and be able ot take a beating.

you are right i'm not allowed rally suspension in my class. there is a 1050 modified class that is run for rallys. Was thinking of going to that class. in this class suspension mods and anyother mods are allowed but running this class tends to be very expensive. i'm not too sure I can afford to go into the modified class just yet.

this is why i also asked for some form of reinforcement to make the stock set up harder and be able ot take a beating.

was it front or back ??

i actually need advice to reinforce front and back...

on the last rally, after stage 2, i had a bent lower arm and my rear tire looked like ihad set it with negative camber.

any strengthening you do will be considered a "modification",
and if the other cars survived, you,ll have to, either back off a bit or else expect some damage :)

all the other cars had some form of damage or the other but i think i had it the most. my lower arm was so bent that the wheel was rubbing the back of the fender.

tied the lower arm to a tree and threw it in reverse a few times to straighten it. couldnt' do anything for the back. guess backing off is the best option...

Back